Chapter 14

The staring continue for a seemingly uncomfortable set amount of time, Karina, is still quiet for those duration, her brother still gives her a cold stare.

This moment he sense someone else, he which swiftly tried to grab Karina. But an arm was place around her neck and she was pulled back. Karina looked behind to see her who grab her. Her eyes widen in shock upon who this person was, someone she knows, someone that trusted her, someone that she dared to leave, someone that she didn't know would be here, after all he was placed to sleep, memories altered and was expected to only wake up in the morning.

Daniel:"Don't be mad at her, you should be mad at me instead, and please allow me to explain."

Karina:"Daniel. . ."

Brother 2:"Well you don't need to anymore"

Daniel:"What? But shouldn't I at least explain?"

Keith:"You have a kind heart, even someone of lower experience then myself could tell. Guess we have yet to be introduced. The name is Keith, the oldest brother to Karina."

Kenneth:"Kenneth, older brother to Karina and the middle child of the family. Like my brother said you do have a kind heart."

Keith:"So you're an Incubus then huh. Interesting. Well I appreciate that you took care of my sister. With that said there is something I have to ask. Do you know about the recent incidents?"

Daniel:"Not much, just bits and pieces of news. About a Succubus attack if I recall."

Kenneth:"That would be the one."

Keith:"Hm... I see well in that case... nevermind I will make the report. Oh and. . ."

Keith paused for a moment, stopping himself from saying an important information, in the end he spoke in a language that Daniel was completely caught off guard. It sounded so gibberish he couldn't grasp what they were saying. But he looked at Karina, she seem to understand what he is saying.

After the odd exchange of foreign language, the 2 brothers disappeared from the scene. Karina turned to look at Daniel, still find it a tough pill to sallow, since he is here.

Karina:"You would need an explanation right. I'll give it to you."

Daniel:"No need. Frankly I think I know why you would want to hide it, but I am not involved so rest assured. Plus I think is best I remain in the dark about this. It is after all a taboo."

Karina:"I... thank you. Daniel."

Daniel:"No need for that Karina. Let's head back."

Karina:"Sure... I guess."

Karina was still conflicted. About this but she placed it at the back of her mind, for now. . . When they reached home, Karina was curious about he was Daniel able to wake up from her spell.

"Daniel, how long did it take you to think and figure out about my true intention?" Karina wondered and asked.

"For maybe a while, I didn't want to accept the fact that you are a member at first but slowly I feel more convinced. Then my father told me to leave you. But to confirm everything, I will stick with you till the end of your mission. To be by your side for at least a few months, or a few weeks, or even a few days. I am already happy that you are back, but we are different. I can live for thousands of years but you can only live for a least a century. I could possibly find someone else, you should know that, as my kind isn't that loyal to one." Daniel spoke, it almost looked like he was trying to push her away.

"But there is no denial that true love exists. Right? After all, I too have... been lying to myself. Well, your kind could also tell if the love truely is genuine right? My brother gave me that information. Love energy, given to you is real, he said that only the true emotion can give such things." Karina on the other hand, didn't seem to budge from his comment, but it was part of her plan. What is she planning? No one would know, unless they are the clan members.

For you see, it is what she is good at.
.
.
.
.
.
Manipulation.
.
.
.
For different members have wide ranges of what they are good at. Like seduction, manipulation, strategy, hacking, gambling and many more skill sets from logic, to social, hack even torturewould count as one too.

But Karina has manipulation as her forte, and also breaking someone mental state. As for so many missions she took, there were moments where someone would like her, and she would use that as a leverage if needed.

When the mission is done, is when she would break it to them. Sure it could be depressing. But to her is a small price to pay, for even for her deeds she would be forgotten in time only her family would care.

But if there are others they will be in danger, but giving them something that breaks them it can cause them to forget the person, for in their perspective they are worth to be forgotten, then to remember those that broke their hearts.

Or if anything else happens, death would be more effective. The clan member in question of course, and of course they can be killed by normal methods, unlike demons as they can only be killed by the clan member's swords. But the clan members they are all human beings but they are more durable then regular humans.

However this method would be a last resort, if the clan member in question is at a tight corner by unforeseeable forces or events.

But this method is rarely used. But of course there are others ways like a fake missing person case, where they will leave the place anonymously.

Well but these methods are a rare use but it is not uncommon for them to use.