Chapter 13

It was roughly 5 hours later Karina woke up again. Looking at the clock in her room, it is only 4 on a Sunday morning but is always been this way for her. At certain parts of the hour she is a light sleeper, another parts of the hour she would be a deep sleeper, it depends from person to person of each members.

  This was another one of those. . . considerable abnormalities for the members of the clan. As these are so called evolution to make up for their constant risk of getting attacked in their sleep. For these were one of many weaknesses to a regular human.

  With that Karina has a patrol to do as to the request of the strongest clan member of her town as of current, which they refer to as Overseer. Karina exits her apartment through the window, parkouring her way on edges of buildings, top of traffic lights and lampposts. When it was this moment she heard something, following her instinct hoping she could find her target. But when she arrived to her destinations which was a warehouse but when she which to its roof to see what's going on inside of it, there was a body horror.

  A man in his late 50s to early 60s was outnumbered by a group of people in their late 20s to early 30s. The man was cut at all areas even one large one on his back from his left shoulder to the bottom right of his torso, one cut on his eye, there were even bullet wounds and syringes were seen on the floor. She knew who they are, Clan Bounty Hunter But that moment she called out.

"FATHER!!!"

  Which lead to the people to look where the source is coming from. Karina covered her mouth as she realized her mistake. But at that moment she acted quickly. The group could barely react to her speed, it was inhuman. With that they were all knocked out, but it was by regular knock out method of hitting the neck. . . They were all slashed down by a sword. These people were nobodies, they won't be remembered by anyone not even families.

  But Karina didn't mind about the manslaughter she committed, she was worried for her father. Who didn't keep up to training after her brothers' birth, thus he was vulnerable to attacks as his instincts were also lowered.

  Karina ran to her father's side and help him to sit and lean on a wall. Her father turned to face his daughter, with loving eyes that he sees his daughter all grown up, no words were said between the 2 just silence. Karina knows that her father is at his limits, Karina only knew her father for her 7 years before her clan training but often communicate through the screen, even with that little interaction, in comparison to her other siblings.

  Her father took out a photo, a family photo, there it was her father, her mother, her 2 brothers and herself as a little baby. Karina wanted to let her tears to flow she was so used to keeping tears in but this moment was perhaps the only time she let her tears pour out. It was just tears, no sound, just the breathing of her father is all she would hear, would because she could also hear the breathing of the other sleeping residents.

  This moment 2 other figures appeared behind Karina, but she didn't bother to look behind, she knew who is behind her. The 2 figures walk beside Karina. They kneeled down and both places their hand on her shoulders. There was just complete silence from all 4 figures.

  It took a while, then all they hear is 3 people breathing. Their father has just passed on from fatigue and blood lost. Karina wipe away her tears and all three stood up. Karina summons her sword, giving her father her last words, and gave one last smile, finally, one slash and the body of her father disintegrated to ash of white. All three looked at the pile of ash as it floats up to where he would want to rest after his passing.

  The ash particles passes by a home, where a woman was unable to sleep, she looked out the window and saw a figure. She immediately knew what happened, then the ash particles floated off and disperse.

  Back with Karina, she faced the 2 figures and give both a big hug. The other 2 just hug back as it was a while since they last spoke, busy with clan work that they barely meet up to chat what they do. A conversation struck as they broke the hug.

Brother 2:"What happened when we arrived here Lil' sis?"

Karina:"I don't know much but Dad was already badly injured when I arrived."

Brother 1:"I see, glad you're safe lil' sis. It must have been sudden to you huh."

Karina:"Not really. But let me guess the GPS shows I was standing at one place and you 2 got worried."

Brother 2:"Caught red-handed. Can't we both not go a day without worrying you can we?"

Karina:"I am 17 already."

Brother 1:"Well care to explain what happened in like the week, because if you completely forgot."

  One if the brothers pointed to their nose gestured that they can smell something off. Which Karina completely flushed up, she didn't apply any perfume to hide the scent, of her unholy bonding with Daniel. With this she's in for a really long lecture.

  "Ka~ ri~ na~ mind telling me what happened the time you are doing your 'mission'?" Despite the light tone, if there are others one can clearly hear the silent anger in his voice.

  "I... um... I... Keith... I can explain..." Karina stumbled word by word.

  Even her other brother, the middle child of the family, was frighten to even speak, at normal circumstance he would want to help his dear little sister. But was rooted to one place in absolute uncertainty to help, cut in or other ways.

  The older and the younger sibling just looked at each other, the older one with a stare that's ice cold and dragger like. Whilst the younger one stared with absolute fear, it look as if there would be tears forming in her eyes.

  However another figure stared from the roof of the warehouse...