Chapter 18

Karina went back to her apartment, and took out her computer, this computer was made in a way that it is like the others but a super advance version of the original, as it is a extremely low possibility to hack into this computer.

  With that, Karina type her way into the cameras of all the clubs and bars of her city. However, the problem is that there are a lot of bars and clubs in the town making it more difficult to find out. But even with that she persisted, looking from the famous bars and clubs eliminating the places and carry-on to the next place.

  For about an hour or so later, Karina narrowed down the places to at least 3 bars. They may as well be the final numbers, for that is where the victims went, before their incident. It was then, her phone lit up, a text was sent. In the text it said 'Make that 10 victims, here's the info on this one.'

  Another victim is added on the case, it means more searching as well. But after knowing the places the previous 9 victims went, the 10th one is quite easy. From the search there is a pattern to when the victims were attacked. Along with that, there was a girl clung on their arms each time. But the girl was clearly no ordinary, not an amateur, as each time the looks are changed, making it double the difficultly.

  But even so Karina managed to find the girl again with the 10th victim. Looking at all the different cameras and at different angles, Karina managed to make out that the person responsible for this, at one specific angle the IC card is shown, a girl belonging to her school. And someone that is a year older then her. Now all she needs is a plan to make sure that she is alone, and get along with the girl in question.

  Time flies, to the beginning of the 3rd week in her University and Karina is in the midst of completing her objective. First would be the spying job.

  But, Karina was not too lucky as it is difficult to find information. In fact it was already lunch time, so seating at the far end of the cafeteria, Daniel also came and sat with Karina, but Karina wasn't too focused.

  Daniel sense that Karina is really focused on her mission, and reach out to her hand. Karina snap out of her thoughts, looking at Daniel. Daniel mouths to her that she can ask for help if she needs. Karina mouths back with a thank you to Daniel.

  In the cafeteria, Karina was hearing gossips about someone jumping from boyfriend to boyfriend, which causes her to perk up to not miss it.

Female Student A: Hey have you heard of that girl?

Female Student B: Her? Let me guess, the old news of her swapping boyfriends again? Is it just me or is she just fated to not find love? What was her name again? Maribell?

Female Student C: That's the more insane part, she is a kind and gorgeous girl, anyone would die to get her attention. But have you heard of those incidents?

Female Student B: The one about a few guys dead on the streets of empty? Yeah seen it, too bad the journalists didn't get a photo, the police get there before the photographers.

Female Student A: Rumour has it that someone is going to investigate the crimes. And one might already be at our school, doncha think?

Female Student B: Hope is a cute guy being the investigator, oh and about new students. Karina, is also a gorgeous girl. I mean her looks gave one big impression already.

Female Student C: Bet all the guys are flocking for her attention.

Female Student A: Well newsflash, if you look at the far end of the cafeteria. You will see a pair of long locks couples. Heard that last week Daniel was walking her home.

  The pair looked into each others eyes and were a little flustered to hear that, but they still smiled at one another, Karina though still flustered she was still listening to the conversation.

Female Student C: Woh. Really? Let me see, wow. You really speak the truth. They look so cute together, guess Daniel really hit it off with the new girl.

Female Student B: Heard that they actually knew each other, like childhood friends. Apparently, Karina greeted Daniel, pretty loudly and even hugged him. I'd say they were really close.

Female Student A: Yeah, but they stayed away for like 2 weeks, no talking, no waves of hellos, just nothing. Then all a sudden they get together by probably Friday last week.

  "News really travels fast huh. In any case how are the 2 of you love birds? Well not really much of a PDA fan huh? Guess I can tell. In any case, you finally get together." A boy unknown to Karina appears, well he has yet to introduce himself but she already knows who he is.

  "Karina, this is one my friends I hang out with, Lucian. Well, Lucian already met you is just you didn't notice my friends back then when you hug me." Daniel introduced.

  "Ah, well pleasure to meet you Lucian. I guess I really didn't know huh. Well hope we can get along." Karina cheerfully answered.

  Lucian then gave wiggled his eyebrows giving a seemingly knowing look, as if he knows what happened the week before. In which Daniel punch his shoulder blades, which Lucian gave a surprised and in pain sort of expression, and it sounded as if his shoulder just get dislocated.

  Lucian understandably backed off in fear of getting another hit, but Daniel just looked at his fist in shock as if he has never done that. Then the two guys made eye contact. In which Karina suspected that they are telepathically communicating to one another.

  During the moment of the guy's communication, Karina took out a container and plop in 2 pills in her mouth.