v

Isabella was glad that she was off today because she would have for sure been late for work like Marino and Lidia, Isabella didn't know this until this morning but it wasn't just the mall that went out

Isabella was glad that she was off today because she would have for sure been late for work like Marino and Lidia, Isabella didn't know this until this morning but it wasn't just the mall that went out. All of Hawkins did which caused the alarm clocks to reset and since Isabella didn't know she couldn't remind her parents to reset them so sadly they were late but Isabella knew that they had understanding bosses so it would all go over okay but because Isabella is off today that means she's alone.

Well, she was until Micah invited her and Becca to go to the Hawkins Community Pool. Which would give Isabella something to do on her time off and she would get to see her best friends which she hasn't in a while. So Isabella packed a little big with some clothes that she can change into if they decide to go somewhere afterward and headed off towards the pool.

Micah had offered to drive her but Isabella declined the offer, instead, she said she wanted to walk. In reality, she needed silence to think some things through. She couldn't get Robin out of her mind, she liked the girl but Isabella couldn't make the same mistake that she made at her last school.

She liked the popular girl back at her old school so when Isabella told her, the popular girl told the whole school, and Isabella was forcefully outed. It wasn't a surprise to Isabella when she got bullied for it, she's had every name you can say to someone told to her which was why Isabella wanted to be careful.

Isabella didn't want to believe that Robin would do anything like that but she couldn't be sure because she hasn't known her that long, plus it would be awkward with them being co-workers and all. Isabella paused in front of the gate and opened it, she hid a scoff when she saw Billy Hargrove as the lifeguard. She knew who Billy Hargrove was because she was one of his targets so Isabella is hoping that she doesn't drown today because then she would need Billy's help and she doesn't want his help.

She smiled and waved when she saw her two friends sitting on their chairs with one in the middle open, Isabella knew that was reserved for her. "Hey! You made it." Becca Rosário said moving the bag so Isabella can sit on the chair. Unlike Micah and Isabella, Becca was actually popular and Isabella could see why. "Course, wouldn't miss it for the world. Although I was disturbed to see that the person we have to rely on is Billy if we drown." Isabella huffed out as she started to rub sunblock on her.

"Speaking of Billy, those moms have not stopped trying to get his attention. Seems that Mrs. Wheeler is the one who got it though." Micah comments nodding towards where Billy is talking to a soaking wet Mrs. Wheeler who had just gotten out of the pool. "Listen, I like men too but I just don't see that appeal. I wouldn't see even if he hadn't bullied me throughout my time at the high school." Isabella scoffed and crossed her arms as she looked across the pool at the two of them. "It's the daddy issues, they are like a mother's magnet," Becca commented as she stood up and walked down the steps into the pool.

Micah and Isabella both glanced at each other before bursting out laughing, Isabella shook her head fondly as she followed Micah into the pool. Unlike Becca and Micah, Isabella didn't go that far into the pool. She mainly stayed against the wall away from the troublemaker kids that try to splash her.

Without wanting it too Isabella's mind starts to drift to Robin, more specifically she was wondering how she would look in a swimsuit which Isabella immediately felt bad about objectifying Robin even though it was in her mind but she wondered if Robin would like to swim if she would want to hang out outside of work. "Uh oh, she's got that face," Micah said from her left, Isabella opened her eyes to see Micah walking up to her and he props himself up against the wall while Becca props herself up against the wall on Isabella's right side.

"What face?" Isabella questions looking at Micah confused. "The face you get when you like someone, specifically a girl." Isabella was grateful when Micah said the last part a bit quieter so only Becca and Isabella could hear him. "You know what, you're right. I do." Isabella groaned as she walked past Becca to get out of the pool.

She walked over to the chairs and wrapped her towel around her waist before sitting down with a huff. "Well, are you gonna tell us who it is?" Becca asks curiously sitting sideways on the seat with the towel loosely around her waist. "Robin." Isabella quietly said so only Micah and Becca could hear her.

"The one who works at Scoops Ahoy?" Micah clarifies, when Isabella nods he has to cover his mouth to keep from squealing. "Oh my god, you guys would be so cute holy shit." Becca grabs Isabella's arm and squeezes it excitingly. "I don't know even know, I don't want to make the same mistake I did at the last school." Isabella didn't tell her friends much about what happened at her last school, only that she was outed for liking girls.

Becca and Micah looked at her sadly, Isabella rolled her eyes and laid back squinting at the sun before moving her head down to look at her two best friends. "Seriously, it's fine. I'll just live in eternal misery feeling the way I feel." Isabella watched as Becca frowned before laying back in her own chair, Isabella closed her eyes and thought about Robin. It seemed that Robin was going to be in her thoughts a lot more than Isabella wanted to admit.