ten | words

Y/N YAWNED AS SHE left her apartment building, closing the door after herself and hearing the lock click. She had stayed up later than usual yesterday due to her imaginative mind, thus leaving her with barely any sleep. Maybe she could pass by the convenience store and grab an energy drink on the way to school or maybe ask Baji to do so. Or maybe-

''If you don't pick up the pace we'll be late, Y/n.''

She really, really wished Baji would stop scaring the shit out of her with his greetings every morning. Baji had his motorbike parked on the road in front of her house, giving her a toothy grin.

''What're you doing here?'' Y/n asked as she approached him, holding the strap of her bag with both hands.

''To give ya a ride,'' Baji pointed out the obvious. ''I was starting to think you left for school already.''

''I slept in a bit,'' Y/n said as she took the helmet Baji was handing her and strapped it on her head. ''Where's Matsuno?''

''You can just call him Chifuyu, Y/n,'' Baji said as he then handed her the extra jacket he'd brought so she can wrap it around her waist. ''And he said he was gonna leave later so I came to pick you up.''

Y/n sat on the motorbike and wrapped her arms around Baji, placing her chin on his shoulder. ''Can we pass by the convenience store? I want a drink.''

Baji pecked her cheek before he revved his motorbike. '''Course. Hang tight, pretty!''

There was, fortunately, a convenience store near Y/n's house so it didn't take them long to arrive. The two walked in and Baji grabbed Y/n's hand, at which she simply rolled her eyes and pulled him further into the store.

Making it to the drink isle, Y/n picked a drink she liked and thought would wake her up, showing it to Baji. ''You want one?''

''Nah, this one's trash, I like this one better,'' Baji said as he picked up another drink.

''No, this one's better.''

''It's this one, you just don't have a taste.''

''No, you don't have a taste.''

''No you!''

''No you!''

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

''Why're you guys so silent?'' Chifuyu asked as he stood in front of the school gates, watching as Baji and Y/n walked towards him in silence. Each of them was looking at a different direction, away from each other. ''Did you guys have a fight or something?''

''Yes,'' the two answered at the same time, then glared at each other.

Chifuyu cocked an eyebrow. ''But you guys are holding hands?''

All three of them looked down at Baji and Y/n's linked hands. Y/n scoffed and looked away, but didn't pull her hand away. Baji on the other hand let a snort and couldn't fight off the small smile that crawled up his face at the sight.

Chifuyu shook his head. ''You guys are such children.''

''No, it's just Keisuke.''

''Who're you calling a child? You're the child here.''

''I'm a second-year!''

''Well I'm older!''

''You guys just proved my point,'' Chifuyu laughed at the two before turning around to walk towards the school. ''You might wanna hurry up with the banter, though. Class starts in ten minutes.''