author's note

High School does suck, doesn't it?

Hey besties, it's Alex here. A cheerful author's note after an angsty ending is probably not the sweetest thing, but believe me, I shed tears a few times while writing this. Hopefully you can forgive me <3

I think this book, along with my Reki x Reader, are my favorite books I've written so far. This book specifically is the first 'sad' book I've ever written, as I usually always leave happy endings in my stories. I wanted to try something different this time around, so here we are now.

Honestly, this story was a mess in the beginning. I changed the plot so many times it's insane. Like, at first they were supposed to be childhood friends and stuff, you know? At some points I also wanted to change the ending and let them be happy, but that's not what authors do, do we? The whole point of this book was for me to get out of my comfort zone, so I'm glad I didn't back out at the end and I'm actually proud with how this turned out.

This book was very much a self-insert for myself, not gonna lie. Y/n's whole writing personality is basically based off of mine, though I think any author can relate to at least one thing about Y/n. I think I liked writing this book that much because I can actually relate to it a lot lmao.

I wrote like 40 or so pages of planning for this book (in an actual notebook, yes) and I'm actually very very happy with how the story turned out. Hopefully you guys loved it as much as I do <3

Firstly, I want to thank the people who I rambled to so much about this story - thanks for putting up with all my confused-ass ideas and probably annoying new ideas for a few weeks while I wrote this, I couldn't have done this without you guys (since I'm a Libra and I literally can't decide, like, ever.)

Then I would like to thank everyone who took the time to read this book, be it an early or late reader! It truly means a lot to me and I hope you liked reading it as much as I liked writing it! Thank you for all the nice comments and for the votes! It means so, so much to me.

Well, I guess that was it from this book. See you in other books!