Centurion's Wrath - Chapter 24

Marius sailed through the foggy sea towards Naofumi's fortress. He stopped right before he reaches the fortress's defense.

"All alone, Marius?" said Naofumi through the speakers.

"I came here with a proposal!" said Marius.

"So you finally came to your senses and surrender."

"No. I'm here to challenge the Spear Hero to a duel!"

"A duel, eh? Is this still about Filo?"

"It is not of your concern!"

"You're such a broken record, you know that? Any winning terms?"

"If I win you will surrender to us!'

"And if he wins?"

"Then I will surrender!"

"Very well then. You may proceed."

With that, Marius continued on by boat. He sailed passed the two destroyed towers and remaining ones that was still powering up the defenses. Marius reached the island where the fortress stood and there he saw Motoyasu waiting for him.

"Alright, Achilles. Show me a good duel." said Naofumi.

"I won't let you down, father-in-law!" said Motoyasu.

Marius walked towards Motoyasu with his spear and shield.

"Filo is mine now, Ugly Bastard. And I won't let you hurt father-in-law."

Marius threw his shield away and took off his helmet before tossing it aside, "Then I have to go through you, spearman."

Marius gripped his spear and charged towards Motoyasu. The Spear Hero readied himself and after Marius was close enough he thrust his spear.

Little did he knew, Marius was feigning the charge and lured Motoyasu into exposing himself by dodging the attack and thrust Motoyasu side.

With his tunic damaged, Motoyasu jumped to the side. He swung his spear at Marius who parried it away before kicking Motoyasu stomach with a push kick.

With Motoyasu recovering from the kick his face was hit by the flat side of Marius's spearhead after he swung it directly into the Spear Hero's face.

Motoyasu was thrown back by the attack and quickly got back up on his feet. He held his spear firmly and unleashed the deadly volley of the spear's magical attack.

Marius quickly ran to the side to escape the volley as he was closer and closer to Motoyasu who tried to hit him. Marius lunged with the blade of his spear aiming for his opponent. Motoyasu rolled away and Marius's spear hit the ground instead.

"That's it! Time to finish you off once and for all!" Motoyasu held his spear up high.

Lighting shoot out from the spear and Motoyasu fired it at Marius who counter attacked with his own lighting attack from his own spear.

The two electrical forces collided at each other and it generated continuous sparks. The spark grew and grew until it exploded and blew everything on the duel area away.

Motoyasu opened his eyes to see the dust still floating in the air completely obscuring everything. Then a spear flew towards him and he quickly dodged it but it managed to leaved a small cut on his cheek. Then Marius emerged from the dust and punched Motoyasu's face hard, knocking him out cold and dropping his spear to the ground.

After the duel was over, Marius summoned his spear back to his hand before approaching the unconscious hero. Marius took the Legendary Spear from the ground and started approaching the fortress.