Regain The Flames - Chapter 26

Marius's eyes widen in disbelief.

"How? I lost you." said Marius.

"You deserve the explanations, but not here. I have found a hiding place for us." Icarus looked at the two filolials, "You two have help. Thank you. Now you may go."

The two filolials nodded and ran off into the distance.

"Come. Follow me."

Icarus turned and walked towards the forest with Henri and Marius behind.

"This is going all too well. We got a help from a man with wings. And that man is surprisingly your son, my friend." said Henri.

"I... I do not know how..." said Marius.
_______________________________________

Night as darkened the skies and the three reached a spot deep inside the forest. There, they saw two sacks that they forced to ditch behind.

"I took the liberty of retrieving you and your friend's armor, father." said Icarus.

"Question." said Henri, "Are you sure this spot is safe?"

"I am sure. And I think me and my father can handle this. You may go."

"Hey, I'm the one who helped your father escaped."

"You did, but you did poorly."

"I don't see you opening the door for us."

"Enough!" Marius shouted. He turned his head towards Icarus.

"I suppose you want to know how I survived the Time Reversal." said Icarus.

"Yes."

"Before the effects of the Time Reversal reached its full effect, Athena came and saved me."

"Athena? The goddess of wisdom?"

"Correct. Thus, I was hatched and raised in Olympus to lived among the Olympians."

"Then, why go here? Why help me?"

"Because I have to stop the Time Reversal once and for all, or else this world will be stuck in a timeloop."

"The spearman. He uses it for his own gain."

"And who knows how many loops have occurred without us knowing it. Before I left Olympus he had done three loops, but now that I am here I'm also affected by the Time Reversal."

"So he just kept looping everything, uh?" said Henri, "And what for?"

"He wishes to have Filo to himself." said Marius.

"Ah yes, the name you kept saying everytime you sleep."

Marius glared at Henri.

"But he does not realized doing so prevented my mother's birth." said Icarus, "Thus, as long as he has the spear he will keep looping the time for eternity."

"Well then, how do we stop this time looping menace?" said Henri.

"Motoyasu's power level may have reach beyond our abilities. Going after him now means death."

"I took his spear from his hands once and used it." said Marius. "If I can take the spear away from him, I could stop the Time Reversal?"

"Maybe. But it will only worked when both you and him die together. Otherwise, only he saw the Time Reversal affect."

Marius looked down to his hand, "If only I still have the flames, I might have a better chance against him."

"You can try regain it. We just need to get you to the dragon hourglass."