Home Sweet Home - Chapter 08

After stopping near the manor, they were greeted by Keel who the new slaves immediately recognized.

"My friends! You all came back!" said Keel, "Where did you find them?"

"We've made a deal with the slave trader back at the capital." said Raphtalia, "But... I really wished we could've find more of our friends."

Meanwhile, Naofumi and Marius carried the eggs from the cart.

"Eggs?" said Marius.

"We're gonna have monsters helping us around. We can't really rely on Filo all the time, right?" said Naofumi.

"True."

The two brought the eggs inside the manor and placed them on the floor.

"Alright, that should do it. I have to go brief the new slaves now. You got something to do?"

"How long before the soldiers arrive?"

"They'll arrived by tomorrow."

"Good. Gives me enough time to rest."

"I guess you earned it. Just don't forget lunch."

And with that, Marius headed upstairs and entered his room. He put his spear, shield and gladius on his weapon rack. Then he took off all his armor and put them on his armor stand. Freeing from the weight of his gear, Marius untied his boots and took them off before putting it beside the armor stand.

He then took off both his tunic and trousers and toss it in a basket. With only his loincloth, Marius walked towards his bed when he heard someone opened the door.

"Marius..." said Filo, wearing only her underdress. "Now that we're here... Could we..."

"No, I am very tired."

"Please, it's been a long time!"

Marius sighed. He grabbed hold of Filo and lifted her up. Filo's heart was racing and her face was blushing, ready to make love with her mate when she was put down on her feet outside of the room.

"No." Marius closed the door shut and locked it from the inside.

"Marius!" Filo knocked the door loudly, "Marius!". The frustrated girl took her dress from the floor then stormed off.

"Finally..." Marius laid on his bed and relaxed his body, before falling asleep.

_______________________________________

Marius opened his eyes and saw the sunlight coming from the window. It's already afternoon. He rubbed his eyes and got up from his bed. He opened a drawer and took a simple short-sleeved shirt and a pair of trousers, and put them on. He put on his boots then exited his room before heading downstairs.

He entered the dining hall that was empty. Marius heard noises coming from the kitchen and goes there instead. Inside, he saw Naofumi storing some bowls and utensil at a rack.

"There you are. You missed lunch." said Naofumi, who wore an apron. "How tired were you?"

"Where is everybody?" said Marius.

"I sent them to go grinding to up their levels." Naofumi gave a bowl of stew to Marius, "Good thing I saved some for you."

"Thank you." Marius sat at a small table at the corner of the kitchen and began eating his lunch.

"So how is it?"

"It... Tasted different. What is it?"

"Just the meat from the Spirit Turtle."