City in Danger - Chapter 06

After getting out of the cave, the heroes and the armies marched back to the ruined town where the greek temple was. There, Naofumi observed the mural on the wall.

"Does it say anything that could be useful?" said Marius.

"Something about Seven Eye seal, protect this world, the blue hourglass and paying the price by sealing the turtle... I can't really make out what else it says with some of the words missing." said Naofumi.

Marius turned in his head and watched the remaining forces resting in the temple. The knights were on the verge of losing their morale. Even their commanders seemed to loose all hope of victory. The vikings however gathered around Ulfric, all spoke in nordic tongue. What they discussed was unknown to anyone.

"What are we gonna do now?" said Raphtalia.

"Shield Hero. I think you need to see this, I daresay." said the Shadow. She led Naofumi and the others to a large room filled with lithographs scattered around the floor. "Perhaps these lithographs might tell us something, I daresay."

Naofumi picked up one of the lithographs of a turtle's head, "The mural on the wall left out too many important info. Let's hope they recorded the rest of the message on the lithographs."

"We'll look for and gather all of it that we can find." said Raphtalia.

"Yes. You go do that. That includes all of you."

"Marius, come one." said Filo, pulling Marius's cape with her beak, "I saw alot of them over there."

"Very well." and Marius followed Filo to look for more lithographs, while Raphtalia and Rishia look for more somewhere else.

_______________________________________

The castle servants and some visitors were panicking after the order to evacuate was given, and knights running to their post to set up the defense. Running pass throught them, Hanzo led Melty to the throne room with a lantern on his hand.

"The exit is that way. What are we doing here?" said Melty.

"This way is faster." said Hanzo.

"What do you mean?"

Hanzo searched throught the walls behind the throne until he found a loose brick and proceeds to press it. A locking mechanism was heard and a secret door disguised as the wall opened to a dark stairway. 

"Come one. There's no time."

"Was this always been here?"

"Well now you know. Now come one." Hanzo pulled Melty in and closed the door. He lighted the lantern to illuminated their path. "Stay behind me."

The two walked down the stairs with the lantern lighting their way.

"Wait! What about father? We can't leave him behind!"

"Looking for him will take too much time. Just hope his crazed wandering led him far away from the city."

"But, he's a royal too!"

"And not a very good one. You're safety is my only priority." Hanzo continued walking, knowing he might have irritated the princess.

Then, Princess Melty screamed and Hanzo quickly turned with is hand on his sheathed katana. The frightened princess wrapped her arms around Hanzo's waist. He looked up and saw a spider dangling on the wall.

"It's just a spider." said Hanzo, looking down on Melty, "Melty?"

Melty looked up, realized she was pressed against Hanzo and blushed. She immediately stepped backed and looked away, "J-just keep walking!"