True Darkness - Chapter 14

Four days as passed, and The Shield Legions camped out within the woods to rest for the night. Meanwhile, Marius studied the map to plan their next journey.

"You look busy." said the hooded woman.

"When am I not?"said Marius.

The hooded woman sat near Marius "Is it true what they said about you?"

"My past is not something I prefer to discuss."

"I'm not talking about that."

"Then what it is then?"

"There's a rumor going on around Melromarc that the Masked Hero is a lolicon."

"... I don't even know what that word means."

"I'm surprised you don't. It means that you prefer younger girls... Very young girls."

"... Seriously?"

"So, is the rumor true or not?"

Marius crossed his arms, "If that girl isn't human... Am I still a lolicon?"

"So you are a lolicon."

"Just answer my question."

"I hope you're talking about a demi-human girl, cause anything more than that then you might just be a sexual deviant."

"... Do you have better questions?"

"No. That'll be all."

"Then let me ask you a question."

"Go ahead."

"You're a Peacekeeper, right? From what legion?"

"I was from the Iron Legion."

"And you fell in the water then something brought you here, correct?"

"Guess I don't always have a great footing. The Order found me and gave me a purpose, serving both them and the queen. Will that be all?"

"I knew many Peacekeepers, and they all never hide their names. So why hide yours?"

"I have my reasons."

"Very well. I have no other questions."

"Well, I'll leave you alone for tonight." the Peacekeeper got up and walked away.

Marius continued to study the map.

_______________________________________

Marius and his legions have finally found the Black Prior mines. There, they saw demi-humans and beastmen slaves worked to the bone while only a small number of Black Prior guards. One of the slaves dropped a basket of ore due to exhaustion. One of the guards saw this and approached the slave.

"No, please! I'm sorry! I can still work!" the slave begged but the guard stabbed the slave to death.

"Get back to work!" said the guard to the rest of the slaves.

The slaves immediately hasten their work despite their tiredness, while the dead slave was left in the open.

"There's less security here. We should be able to take the mines." said the Peacekeeper.

"But where is Vortiger?" said Marius.

"If we can take the mines, we could weaken the Black Prior."

Marius saw one of the slave was abused by the guards, "Then we'll take it. Praefectus!"

"Centurion." said the praefectus.

"Signal the others to attack."

"Yes, centurion." the gave a command to one of the soldiers.