035

"What are you thinking?" Once I didn't respond to him, he murmured in whispers. I stole my eyes from him and kept thinking about this situation. I have waited my whole life for this day and now that it is finally happening, I am stuck. And luckily, Mr. Grandpa hadn't walked in on us, if he saw us like that, we are both dead.

"Actually," I uttered, clearing my throat. "I already asked some---," he didn't let me finish, pulling his body away from me, he shook his head.

"Of course, I didn't mean that you have to come with me. It was just that I wanted." He lowered his head and sat there for a few seconds. He awkwardly forced a smile onto his lips while kept looking at the TV. He wasn't going to fool me with his *Oh I am fine* gestures. But I had no courage to say anything else, he lifted his head to the TV and then got up. Standing on his spot for a few seconds, not exactly moving.

"You know," He uttered, barely audible, "I am late." He finished, turning on his feet to his room. My heart sank in my chest, all my life, yes you are late, but not canceled. I felt my heart crushing in my chest, this was the moment of my life and I missed it.

I shut down the TV and rushed to my room because I want to cry out loudly. This stupid boy had no idea how long I have desired him, and I still do. He made me think about what Shinichiro say about him, he had always liked me or at least felt something for me, but he was blinded by shimmers of girls like Baji's twin. What if this small incident makes him stop feeling for me, what if he becomes cold-hearted to me again, just like before?

I instantly dialed Yuzuha's number, thinking I must share things with her since we are friends. We had messed up our relationship once, I won't let it happen again by hiding things from her.

"Hello!" My voice was heavy and it wasn't hard for her to acknowledge it.

"Hey, what happened?" there was a sudden panic in her voice.

"He asked me to go out with him at this party," I whispered in my mouth to Yuzuha, she gasped and giggle a little. What was she so happy about?

"Sanzu?" there was happiness in her tone, my tears stopped suddenly. I gripped my phone tightly and ran my other hand through my hair.

"Mikey." I corrected her and the enthusiasm escaped her tone. One minute silence took over her, she had no idea that Sanzu and I were going together for this party, she did know that I asked him, but she didn't know that he said yes so in her head, I was talking about Sanzu.

"He is a badass," She commented, "What about Sanzu?" She questioned, asking me if we were going. She thought I called her to give her a head up, she failed to understand that I considering Mikey over Sanzu. And how dare she called him a Bad-ass?

"I don't feel that kind of chemistry with him, I don't feel goosebumps when I'm around him," I mumbled, trying to convince her that Sanzu was never in my mind, he will never be. Maybe what I said when I was drunk was true, I have unintentionally used Sanzu just to escapes from Mikey's thoughts.

I wanted to get close to someone else, who will help me forget about Mikey, but Sanzu couldn't do that, nobody else could. I don't remember what made me such in hurry, but I wanted to resolve things like Mikey was leaving for another dimension in a few seconds.

"Sanzu is your friend right? You don't need to think about flirt and all those romantic things for him, give it some time." In the beginning, everyone thought that Sanzu and I had something going on, so the Orphans and Yuzuha kinda hoped we will make a couple sooner or later, but they were missing the part where Mikey was above all for me.

"Time? I know for sure," I mumbled, "Besides, I don't know what Sanzu did with Baji's twin that day so," I felt so dirty once that left my lips. Bringing it up just to convince me that going to this party with Mikey will be a perfect decision, was even too slow for my standards.