Rhea

Prisoner of War

Rhea was a really fun character to write. I liked making a character that wasn't a bender, because who doesn't want more awesome non-bender characters.

I like the concept of her being a child that Iroh finds right after losing his son and taking pity on her situation and basically adopting her. 😊 Because we all know he would.

I love her sibling relationship with Zuko and them bonding over their mutual dislike for Azula. 😂 I also liked writing them at odds with each other and being on opposite sides of the Avatar issue.

I really REALLY love her relationship with Iroh and the cute father-daughter dynamic between the two. And, of course, her struggling with what he'll think of what she became after he left with Zuko.

Speaking of, I love the concept of Fire Lord Ozai taking prisoners and turning them into weapons. The idea that he tortures his adopted niece and uses her love for Zuko and Iroh to make her do horrible things. 😈

I love her dual interactions with the Gaang, first as Ozai's weapon, then as herself. 🥰 I also love that despite everything Ozai put her through, she never loses her kind heart. (ie. When she helps the little girl in the Earth Kingdom village. 🥺)

She's such a strong character and I love her so much.

My favorite part with her is probably her interacting with Azula in the caverns. She's just so sassy and I love it. I also love it when she reunites with Iroh and has a little taste of normal, if only for a while.

My favorite part to write would have to be the first few chapters. I love the first two chapters a lot. They may just be my favorite chapters. They set up the story and Rhea's important relationships. I just love them.

So, sorry this is late. I had a busy weekend last week and I didn't have time to write this last Saturday because I watched Multiverse of Madness.