Spies

Jay woke up in the middle of the night. He got up fast and looked for something on his desk.
Damn it, it's at the office.

He put a jacket on top of his pyjama, grabbed his keys and drove away.
The office was unsurprisingly empty and silent. Jay checked his phone, it was 3 in the morning. He headed to his office and opened the second drawers of his desk.
He saw several folders, but he only needed one.

He looked through them and found the picture he wanted.

He looked at it for a few minutes, put the folder back in the drawer and went home with the picture.

~

He couldn't go back to sleep now, so he sat down in his kitchen, creating a group chat with Seon-Woo and Jungwon.

He sent them the picture, explaining the situation. Satisfied he finally went to bed, trying to rest a bit more before the morning.

~

Seon-Woo woke up to several notifications.

you've been added to the group chat: finding the rest of us

Jayjay 🦅sent •Guys, I woke up during the night and I think I remember someone from our dream•
Jayjay 🦅sent

Jayjay 🦅sent •Guys, I woke up during the night and I think I remember someone from our dream•Jayjay 🦅sent

Jayjay 🦅 sent •His name's Park Sunghoon. He's an Ice skater. He was one of the candidates for my collection's photo shoot•
Jayjay 🦅sent •Does he remind you of one of us?•

Wonie 🐱sent •HE DOES!!!!!!•

Seon-Woo zoomed in, trying to see his face better. Finally he opened his search engine and looked for other pictures. He definitely felt like he knew this man.

~

Jungwon felt his phone vibrating on his pocket. He grabbed it and opened the message application.

Sunshine 🦊sent •I think it could be him too•
Sunshine 🦊sent •Should we contact him?•

Jayjay 🦅sent •I think we do! I was waiting for your confirmation•

Jungwon started typing as well.

Wonie 🐱sent •Do you have his contact info Jay?•

Jayjay 🦅sent •It's in the folder, I should find it easily•
Jayjay 🦅sent •I'm soon going to the office, I'll keep you posted•

Sunshine 🦊sent •Thanks!•

Jungwon got up and left the bus with Jeongkook.

"You seemed very concentrated on your phone earlier. Who was it?" asked Jeongkook, teasing his friend.
"Oh nobody, I was reading the news" replied Jungwon.
Jeongkook wasn't convinced, but he didn't insist either. He knew that his friend had had difficult days and he wanted to be a considerate friend.

School began and Jungwon had to fight the temptation of checking his phone during class. He didn't want to be caught doing it, so he impatiently waited for the morning break to check it.

Jayjay 🦅sent •You guys won't believe it. All the information about Park Sung-Hoon disappeared. I swear it was still there when I left the office at 3am, but it wasn't anymore this morning!!!!•

Sunshine 🦊sent •😭😭😨😱😱•
Sunshine 🦊sent •How's it possible, who could have known?•
Sunshine 🦊sent •Do you think it's her?•
Jayjay 🦅sent •I thought about that but how could she have known I came in here during the night?•
Sunshine 🦊sent •Good question..•
Sunshine 🦊sent •Is there another suspect? Maybe someone from your office?•
Jayjay 🦅sent• Let me see if anyone acts suspicious during the day, I'll keep you posted•
Sunshine 🦊sent •And I'll check if someone here has a way to contact Park Sung-Hoon, maybe he got interviewed here once•
Jayjay 🦅sent •You're a genius•
Sunshine 🦊sent •I know 💃•

Jungwon smiled at this last text, Seon-Woo was a lot more sassy in real life.

~

Jay saw his phone light up.
New message from Wonie ✨🐈

Wonie 🐱sent •Thank you guys, sorry I'm not being usefully now, but I'll tell you if anything weird goes on during practice•

Jay frowned and texted Won privately.
"Don't say you're useless, you're not✨" he wrote

~

Later that evening, they had planned a video phone call to let everyone know the news of the day.

"Hey guys" said Seon-Woo, excited. "I've got great news!"
"Tell us!" replied Jay. He was listening all ears, but his eyes were locked on Jungwon's face.
"I've talked to my manager and told him that I'd like to invite guests on my show, he agreed! I suggested Park Sunghoon and he said he was going to try arranging that. Even if it doesn't work out for the show, I'll be able to contact him I think" he said, speaking really fast.
"That's amazing!" replied Jungwon, unaware that his two dimples were being carefully admired by someone.
"You did amazing Seon-Woo, thank you!" agreed Jay.

Seon-Woo smiled widely, proud to have successfully achieved his mission.

"I also have news" continued Jay, with a serious face. "I spent the day being attentive to everyone in my office and I think my assistant was spying on me. Well, she usually glances at me whenever she can."

Jungwon choked on his own saliva, receiving a "could you please be more obvious" sassy look from Seon-Woo. Jay didn't notice and continued.

"But today she was very attentive. I caught her looking at me and then my desk, then back at me, which she had never done before. If miss Seo has a spy in my office it would make sense that it's my assistant."

"So do you think-" started Jungwon, without finishing his sentence. "Jungwon, who are you talking too? I'm coming in. Mom, no! IS THAT PARK JONG-SEONG?"

•Wonie🐱 has left the video call•

"Wow.. was that his mother?" Asked Seon-Woo.
"Yep... I think he's screwed now. It wouldn't surprise me if she takes his phone away..." said Jay.
"She met with miss Seo and got convinced that I'm a danger for Jungwon. She's just trying to protect him" he continued explaining.
"How could you be so understanding with her? She prohibited Won from seeing you. I'd be furious in your place" replied Seon-Woo.
"She loves him and she wants a good future for him, I can't deny it. She's got a wrong idea of me though, but I'll make sure to change that as soon as possible" calmly said Jay.
"I see" answered Seon-Woo. "By the way, is something going on between you two?"

Jay blushed, but didn't try to hide it. Seon-Woo giggled at the designer's reaction. He had notice the suspicious vibe between them and was wondering when they'd do something about it.

"I love him" said Jay, softly smiling.