OS 13 - "I HATE EVERYONE" | Gio Reyna x Erling Haaland

Gio was having a great day. He had been doing nicely, gotten up early in the morning for training, gotten into the starting eleven. He had joked a lot with Jude and Donny, ate a good meal and made himself ready for the game. Then he'd driven to the stadium and changed, hyped by the fans' singing he listened to Rose giving last instructions in the cabin.
He stood up, doublechecked his shoelaces and wanted to go in the direction of the tunnel, as somebody grabbed his arm.

"Oh, well hello there!", he joked as he saw that Mats was the one holding him back.
His smile died down a bit, as he saw how the Defender didn't look happy at all.

"Gio I need to speak to you real quick", he urged and without waiting for an answer he dragged him away from the crowd into a quieter corner.
"What's wrong?", Gio asked. This was a very strange behaviour for Mats, he'd never seen him so uncomfortable before. Now the man in front of him picked at his nose nervously.
"Mats?"

"I really don't know how to tell you this, but I think you should know...", Mats ruffled through his hair. "I-, uhm... I saw Erling in the city yesterday."
Gio was confused. "Yeah, he was getting groceries!?", he confirmed.
Mats sighed.

"He was kissing a girl."

Gio laughed. "Bro, that was a great joke, Jude also brought that one once. But sadly he's... yk, gae", he bent his wrist to demonstrate.

"No, you don't understand, he was really kissing a girl!", Mats insisted and his face got sympathetic.
Dortmund's number seven shook his head in denial: "Why would he?"
Mats picked at his nose again. "I don't know!? I just saw him waiting at the busstation and then a girl came out of nowhere and he-"

He was serious. Gio realized that Mats was completely serious. His lips didn't twitch, he didn't make weird faces, it was all real.
He felt nothing but confusion. How, WHY-? Erling would never! ... Wouldn't he?

"I-...i need to get on the pitch-"

He quickly turned around and made his way into the tunnel.
"There you are, I thought you fell into the toilet!" Jude slapped him on his back, as he got into the line.
"Sorry", Gio muttered a quick apology and got back at the conversation with Mats, while they walked onto the pitch.

He hadn't noticed any big changes in their relationship over the past month. Maybe they had watched less TV or series together, but they still had slept together, given each other quick kisses when crossing ways, all of that stuff...
Gio racked his brain over it, til the Champions League hymn started playing.
He teared himself out of his thoughts and shifted his focus on the game.
He positioned himself on the pitch and the referee blowed into his whistle.

To say the least...it wasn't going great. They didn't expect Bruegge to just give up after two minutes, but the also didn't think they'd get so overran. 20 minutes were over and Gio had spent more time in his team's own half than in Bruegges.

And to make it even more difficult every time he made a pass to Erling a picture of the Blonde shamelessly kissing a girl in public flashed before his eyes.

Annoyed he got a bit reckless, went into more one-vs-one's and tackled a player of Bruegge without particular need.

"Is everything alright?", Erling asked from afar as he got up, noticing the shift in the Americans attitude.
"Yes", Gio shot back and turned away without any more words. The last thing he needed right now was Erling playing protective on the field.
So he just lifted his nose and got back into playing.

With every lost ball, every bad pass and every word Erling spoke his anger grew.
He wanted to scream Erling in the face, get a statement so the fear deep down in him could settle.

"Gio, are you sure, you're okay!?"

Erling reached out a hand after Gio got a yellow for a second tackle.
"YES. Leave. me. alone!", he exclaimed and got up by himself.
Erling was visibly confused. "Did something happen?", he didn't give up.

"No.", Gio pressed through his clenched teeth, knowing what a scene they were about to cause live infront of 80.000 people.
"Then why are you...like this!?"
"Am I not allowed to have a bad day for once?", Gio complained.
"Of course, but-"
"See? Thank you for the talk."

Gio wanted to face away, when Erling grabbed his wrist and pulled him close to his face.
"Tell me what is wrong!"
"Get away from me!", Gio warned and tried to get his hand out of Erling's grip.
"No. You're telling me what is wrong now."
"I said, GET AWAY FROM ME, CHEATER!"

Oh shit... He fucked up...

He knew it the second the people in the front rows gasped and the camera man cut off the microfone connection to the studio. Mats quickly came running over. Erling looked at him in disbelief.

"Yeah that's right! I know you cheated on me. With a girl as well.", Gio laughed in satisfaction when he saw guilt light up in Erling's eyes for a split second. He quickly dragged his arm back and rubbed at his wrist, which had red marks left on it.

"I don't know what you're talking about?", Erling lied.

"Oh you know exactly what I'm talking about! You met her yesterday, right? When you were 'getting groceries'."

"Are you spying on me!?"

"Mats saw you."

Erling's head spun around to his older teammate, which stood some meters away, not knowing if he should interrupt the conversation.

"This little shit...", Erling mumbled.

"So it's true?", Gio asked.

Erling turned back to him. "Well obviously I can't deny it. Yes, I cheated on you."

Gio took a step back. The sentence hit harder than he thought it would. Tears shot into his eyes.
"Fine", he wispered with a hoarse voice. "Then this is it, i guess..."
He started walking.

"NO- Wait, Gio, I can explain-"

The dark haired boy turned around keeping on walking backwards.
"Don't you EVER SPEAK TO ME AGAIN", he shouted and his voice broke, as he added a little "Cheater".

Then he stumbled into the tunnel with tears streaming down his face.

-

😗🤙