6. past

PAST

PAST

Ever since we got dragged into the world of the supernatural, the less time I had been spending in the school. I'd be there all mornings for homeroom, but by the end of the day, I had either gone out of school for a couple hours and managed to make it back before 3:30, or, I wasn't even there. Too busy saving Beacon Hills' ass. I'm going to school today with Allison, unlike the others, and whether or not I'm there all day, I wanna get good flippin grades so I can actually get a decent job when I leave this high school. If I ever do. Today was awfully odd. It didn't feel right. Like I had been saying these past few days, all of this would be leading to something bigger. And that something doesn't feel like it's far away. Not far away at all.

I woke up, brushed my teeth, got dressed, and left. I walked outside into the distant sun, the wind rushing past my body making it seem colder outside than it actually is. I climbed into my truck, about to start it up, until I notice something tapping against the windscreen. I looked up to see a small piece of paper, tucked behind one of my windscreen wipers. As I picked up the piece of paper, I noticed writing on it.

Oak Creek.

I've never heard of this place before. It's an unfamiliar name. Part of me wants to go find out where the hell this is, the other part, just wants to go to school.

And the second part won.

༊*·˚

As we arrived at school, it seemed empty. Obviously there were people who I didn't know, nor wanted to now, but it was off. Me and Allison stood there in-front of the double doors. We watched the high schoolers roam around the halls, some of them passing us, laughing, talking, having fun, with no knowledge whatsoever of the darkness in their town. The darkness that was sooner or later going to get darker, until one day, it was going to be pitch-black.

We walked over to our lockers which were next to each others. I still remember when Allison first came here. Well, it wasn't that long ago and I wouldn't expect myself to forget but anyhow. Her hair was very different and so was she. I remember when I first met her. I'm not in Scott and Stiles' homeroom so I didn't meet her then. I met her right here. Where we are stood right now, watching the giggling teens as they walked past us. I had just got out of second period with Harris. God, Harris. The detest I had held over that man, before he was ritually sacrificed and the remains of his body were found tied up to a tree in the preserve, was neverending.

Allison had just gotten out of history. I know that because when I was about to open my locker, she walked out of there. "Hey-" She said, making me jump a little from the unexpected voice, "Sorry." She apologised after noticing me jump.

I laughed a little before answering, "Hi, no, it's fine." I smile at her and recieve one back. Her smile is beautiful. I remember those exact words forming in my head as she smiled back at me for that first time.

"Do you know where Mr. Harris' class is?" She asked me as she opened her locker and put her jacket in there.

"Yeah, I was just in there. C'mon, I'll show you. I've got french next anyways and it's on the way." I shut my locker before she does too and lead her towards the chemistry classroom. As I walked past, I noticed a girl in there, a girl whom I was familiar with. Erica Reyes. It's strange how things turn. She was my friend when we were growing up, we were never that close but we sure did care about each other and look out for one another. I miss her. I really do. We made eye contact in that moment, before she tucked a strand of her blonde hair behind her ear and turned back to facing Harris at the front of the classroom. I remember her too well. I remember how she used to sit at the back of the classroom, listening but not speaking, quite like me really. We were both quiet, that's why we got along so well. Her death flipped a switch in me. It made me want to do things. Things for her. She always wanted me to speak up in class and anywhere really. And I started doing so. She wanted us to go to Paris. And I did. When she got turned by Derek, she changed a lot. Inside, she was still the same Erica, the one who didn't like contributing in lessons, the one who never really got over her crush on Stiles Stilinski, the one who was going through a lot. I miss Boyd too, his smile could bright up any day. We weren't close at all, but we were friends. I didn't know him that well, he never spoke to me. I had a few classes with her here and there but that's all. I guess I never really understood him. Not like Erica did anyway.

That was the moment me and Allison became friends. It was also the moment I saw Erica Reyes again, the moment that rekindled our friendship a little bit.

-----

ERICA AHHH

also, thank you so so much for the reads on this fanfic, ilysm <333