19. it was a first

IT WAS A FIRST

IT WAS A FIRST

"So...you're just letting us go?" Scott asked Araya as we were sent out of the stone building. We all stopped beside Stiles' jeep, eager to get the hell out of here before they kidnap all of us again.

Araya stood in front of us, "I sent four men out to where Kate was rumored to have been seen. None of them came back." She informed us, "Let's see if you can do better."

"You could've just told me she was alive." Scott said.

She smiled the slightest bit, and it was genuine, "You wouldn't have believed me. Now I know what kind of Alpha you are. And where your next step lies."

Scott furrowed his eyebrows in confusion of what she was talking about, "What next step?"

"When you take the bite of an innocent, when you make a wolf of your own. When you do that, then, I will cross your border and come knocking at your door." Araya said.

"Oh, god, please no." I muttered under my breath whilst leaning on the door that belonged to Stiles' blue jeep, Roscoe.

Araya was stood with us for a good 5 seconds after she had finished talking, before she made her way back into the beige building in which she called her home.

Stiles walked towards Scott, "So what now?"

"She thinks she knows where we can find Derek." Scott told him whilst strolling towards us four girls leaning against his best friends' jeep.

"She gonna tell us where?" Malia asked him.

Scott raised his eyebrows as we heard the loud noise of a motorbike exhaust nearing towards us in the close distance. "Uh, actually, she's giving us a guide."

A familiar woman rode towards us, parking her vehicle only a meter or two away. Her dark and thick brunette locks fell out of the helmet as she brought it over her head, looking up at the Alpha in human form beside her.

"You know her?" Stiles questioned as Scott and Braeden shared a glance, making it known that they had met before.

"Braeden." Scott replied.

"Who's Braeden?" Malia asked him.

"She's a mercenary." The strawberry-blonde replied from beside her.

"And right now, I'm the only one who's gonna take you to la iglesia." Braeden told us.

"The Church?" Lydia stood there with her arms folded, wondering why Kate would be keeping Derek at such a holy location.

"What's The Church?" Stiles asked, still confused as to how his best friend and Lydia knew her. I knew her, her name rung a bell, and so did her title, but I couldn't quite picture where I had seen her previously. So instead I just stayed out of the conversation, studying her and trying to picture any memories of my past she could've possibly been involved in.