8. death of love

DEATH OF LOVETW: death

DEATH OF LOVE
TW: death

Cold. Windy. Dark. The night had fallen. It was a night none of us would ever forget.

I searched for my jacket in my wardrobe as I heard Isaac fumble for whatever he was looking for in the room beside mine. "I have a feeling about tonight." I said as I found my jacket and put it on.

"What do you mean?" Scott turned from looking out of the window at the full moon shining through the clouds outside.

I closed my wardrobe and pulled on my boots, "I don't know, it just feels off today."

"Can't help but agree with that." Scott sighed as he stood up from my bed and walked over to the door.

༊*·˚

"We've done this before, guys." Scott reminded us as we neared the rusty and dark gates to Oak Creek. "A couple of weeks ago we were standing around just like this and we saved Malia, remember?" He turned towards me as he said those last four words. "That was a total stranger. This is Lydia."

"I'm here to save my best friend." Allison stated, showing her determination.

"I came to save mine." Scott and I said in sync.

My brother, however, wasn't as fond of Lydia as we were, and he never seemed to tell a lie, "I just didn't feel like doing any homework."

As that was said, we all walked into Oak Creek, prepared for whatever was to come our way, or so we thought.

We approached Kira's mom. Who was accompanied by the Oni. "Kira, turn around and go home. Take your friends with you."

"I can't." Kira told her. "When I looked at the game I realised who I was actually playing. You."

"Call them off." I shouted to Noshiko as my hands began to make fists at my sides.

"You think you could take him alive? You think you can save him?" Noshiko tested us. Well duh why else would we have come here or even bothered to save him in the first place?

"What if we can?" I replied.

"I tried something like it 70 years ago. Your friend is gone."

"Are you sure? Or if Stiles doesn't have to die. Maybe Rhys didn't have to die either?" Kira took a step forward beside me.

"I see I'm no longer the Fox now, Kira. You are. But the Nogitsune is still my demon to bury."

I looked closely at Noshiko's hand, I saw a fly, she looked down at it, worry and shock creeping over her face. I looked back down, it had disappeared.

"Mom? What is that?" Kira asked as the Oni surrounding her mom disappeared. "What does that mean?"

"It means there's been a change in ownership." We all turned our heads as we heard a familiar voice across the camp. It was Void. And he had control of the Oni. "Now they belong to me."

The sound of wood quickly scraping together came from Allison as she prepared her bow and arrow as Kira took out her sword. I took out a gun that Allison had lent me. She had told me it used some sort of bullet which was proved to harm or even kill the Oni.

When the Nogitsune had placed orders upon his minions to attack us, the fight had begun. I loaded my gun with the bullets Allison had given me. I don't know why I hadn't loaded it before hand, honestly. I lined up my gun with one of the Oni which was almost killing my brother. But as soon as I had lined the gun up perfectly aimed at the Oni, it had an arrow shot through its stomach, so I decided to go for another Oni. This time I did manage to pull the trigger, it shot the Oni right through its stomach. But as soon as it did, every single one of them disappeared and I was left to see my best friend slowly falling to the ground. She had been stabbed. I watched in pure shock as Scott opened the gate leading from the passage way he had been in and run towards Allison, holding out his arms to catch her. She lay perfectly in his arms as his knees fell to the ground.

"Allison." I said underneath my breath as I watched her breaths become heavier.

Allison took a deep breath in before talking, "Did you find her? Is she okay? Is Lydia safe?"

"She's okay." Scott replied. I scanned around the grounds, seeing everyone's faces full with fear and dread. Kira took comfort within her mother's arms as they watched the scene from afar. Isaac sat there, close to Kira and Noshiko, looking at the girl he took a strong liking for die.

"Yeah." Allison breathed as she placed her hand tightly above her wounded stomach.

I could see the tear slowly rolling down Scott's face as she remarked his next few words, "I can't. I can't take your pain."

"It's because it doesn't hurt." Allison told him, tears forming in her eyes.

"No." Scott didn't want to believe it.

My heart shattered. My eyes filled with tears as I watched her life fade away. But then I heard a heartbeat. It was a new sound. It was Allison's. I listened closely as the beats became more separated. More spaced out. More lifeless. I didn't even have enough energy to wonder why I could her it at the time. All I was focused on was Allison.

"It's okay." She said quietly, looking up at him.

"Allison." Scott sobbed.

"It's okay." Allison tried hard to keep the tears in, "It's okay. It's okay. It's perfect." She stated.

"I'm in the arms of my first love. The first person I ever loved. The person I'll always love. I love- I love you. Scott. Scott McCall." She reached up with her free hand and brushed it against his lips as she unwillingly broke his already shattered heart.

"Don't, please, don't. Allison don't, please." Scott pleaded as he gripped onto her body, not wanting to ever let her go.

Allison let a few tears fall sideways down her cheeks and hit the ground beside her before her sorrowful eyes filled with realisation, "You have to tell my dad. You have to tell my dad. Tell him. You have to..." The noise had stopped and so had she.

Scott sobbed as he lost her, "No!"

I effortlessly let my gun drop to floor along with my body. My knees hit the ground as I felt my heart break. She was gone.

Allison is dead.

——————

thank you so much for 2.88k reads i am really grateful and i am also sorry that i haven't updated this in a while