12. the truth that was never told

THE TRUTH THAT WAS NEVER TOLD

It was all finally over. We could go back to living our unordinary ordinary teenage lives. Well, at least for over a month or so. None of the pack has spoken much since Allison died. It's only been 5 days but the death still hit us all pretty hard so all of us need our own time and space. I've spent most of my time up in my room. Listening to my playlist and watching TV. That's honestly all I spend my time doing. I haven't eaten much since the death. I've forgotten about most meals and I've been sleeping quite a lot. Me and Isaac popped round to our old house yesterday to get the rest of our belongings before they put the house on the market for sale. I only had a few boxes left so I put them underneath my bed so that I can sort them out today. The stuff is mostly old, with only one box that's holds my belongings from recently.

I sat comfortably cross legged on my bed with one of the boxes in front of me with the word 'Bella' on the lid. I opened it to find files and old books of mine. But there was one file that stood out amongst them all, it was quite large and dusty, along with every other item in the box covered with dust. The cover read 'Adoption Records' which made me immediately furrow my eyebrows with confusion. I moved the box out of the way and placed the so called Adoption Records in front of me. I cautiously turned the front page to reveal, yes, Adoption Records. And they had my name written out on them. My eyes widened in shock and utter confusion as I turned another page and found a birth certificate. Except I had a different last name. The last name was Volkova. I sat in silence as I scanned the documents, front and back.

I was Adopted.

How come no one ever told me? How come they decided to keep this a secret from me my whole childhood? Were they planning on keeping it from me my whole life? Who the fuck are my real parents? And that's when I saw the names, Katerina Volkova and Alexander Volkova. They're my real parents. I'm not a real Lahey. Isaac isn't my real brother. Camden wasn't my real brother. None of it was real. My whole life is a lie. I'm living a lie. I was brought up within a lie. I can't believe they never told me. Didn't they think that one day I might just find out about it? This is bullshit. This doesn't even make any sense. The only real things about me that I have in my life is my first name, my birthday, and my age. Everything else about me is fake. Even my middle name isn't the same. It was all fake. The best part of my life was fake and nobody even cared to tell me.

Why was I adopted? How come my parents didn't want me? Are my real parents still alive? All of these thoughts running through my head.

I'm adopted.

I was about to look at some other stuff to see if they have anything to do with the adoption but got stopped by a knock at my bedroom door. "Come in." I shouted, about to rummage through my box again before I saw that the person at my door was Kira. She slowly walked into my room with a concerned look across her face. I dropped the papers and stood up from my bed. "What?"

"I need to talk to you about something." She told me.

"Okay, have a seat." I gestured for her to sit on my bed beside where I had just been sitting and sat back down where I was before she had come in. "What's wrong?"

"I saw something. During the fight at Oak Creek." She stopped for a second, "I don't think anybody else noticed. But, when you were fighting. Your eyes...they were purple."

"Excuse me?" I asked utterly dumbfounded by what she was saying.

"Your eyes were purple. I don't know why or how. But they were purple. I think you might be a part of the supernatural." She told me softly before she glanced down at the papers in front of me.

I was still gobsmacked about what she had said and was practically staring at her open mouthed with shock.

"Uh, Bella? What are these?" She looked up at me after looking at the Adoption Records and waved a hand in my face to try and get my attention. "Bella?"

I stated for a good 10 seconds before taking in what she had said. "I'm- I'm a- Part of the- Supernatural?" I struggled to get my words out, still in quite big shock from what she had said and with what I had found out only a couple of minutes before she knocked on my door.

"Yes." She nodded her head to make sure I understood. With the state that I was in during that moment, I don't blame her. "And what are these?" She said as she lifted up my Adoption Records so that I could see what she was going on about.

"Oh, they're uh. They're Adoption Records." I looked at her shocked face when I said that. She was probably wearing the same expression I was when she told me that she thinks I am a part of the supernatural. "Yeah. I'm adopted."

"Oh my god." She said with pure shock and confusion all across her face. "Does Isaac know?"

"No. Only you. I only just found out." I told her as she put the document back onto my bed in front of me. "I honestly can't believe it."

"Oh my god." Kira said, before we heard footsteps coming towards my room.

We watched as Isaac walked in to get his headphones I had borrowed earlier. He picked them up and was about to leave until he saw our faces. "What?"

"I'm adopted."

——————

The amount of times I said Adoption Records within this chapter oml and also yes, i did change the colour that Kira said