22. birds of a feather

BIRDS OF A FEATHER

BIRDS OF A FEATHER

Since the attack at the high school forcing Malia see my purple eyes, it was still only her and Kira who knew. I wasn't planning on telling anybody just yet. What would I tell them, anyway? That my eyes have been glowing purple and I had a vision where power is running through my veins down to my hands but I don't know what I am yet? No. I'm not going to do that.

A familiar figure caught my eye as I fuddled around in my locker, searching for my textbook. Malia had just entered our maths class, before presumably seeing something she didn't like, most likely algebra, but when it comes to Malia, it could be a simple addition or subtraction question and she'd walk the other way. Just as she exited the classroom and was walking down the hall, oblivious to me, I closed my locker, having just enough time to force her into lesson. I walked up to her before placing both of my hands on her shoulders, immediately turning her body to face the other way and guiding her back into the classroom she had just exited thinking that she had gotten away with it.

"I hate math. It's pointless." She complained as we entered the room. Seeing as there was everyone else already in there, Stiles had saved us both a seat in front of him, giving us both a thumbs us as we entered and saw him on the third row from the front.

"Look, math is bullshit, I agree."

Malia looked at me as we sat down with a confused expression on her face, getting ready to leave the room once more, "Why are we here then?" She questioned.

"Because it's school. School is important, and math is essential." Stiles chimed in from behind where I was sat.

"To what?" Malia asked, dumbfounded. She leant sideways so she could actually see Stiles other than having to talk to him through my body, which would be extremely weird.

"Knowing how much to tip at restaurants." Stiles winked at us before Lydia decided to list some practical things that math could help us with in life. Non that seem appealing to me, though.

"And other less important things like medicine, economics, engineering..." The strawberry-blonde informed us before turning back to face the front where she had been facing before Stiles brought up the topic of tipping.

"Tipping." The teenager who used a baseball bat for his weapon of choice gave us one more thumbs up.

"All right, volunteers to the board. Lydia, Diego, Malia." Ms Flemming really had to go down that road, didn't she?

"Um... I didn't volunteer." Malia stated slightly awkwardly from her desk at the front.

Ms Flemming looked at her with dissatisfaction, "You did now. To the board."

Malia turned round to make worried and confused eye contact with me as she made her way up to the chalkboard. "Hey, are you coming to watch tryouts after?" Stiles voiced from behind me, causing me to turn in my seat to face him.