23. wishing that was me

WISHING THAT WAS ME

WISHING THAT WAS ME

"Is that too tight?" I asked Malia who was sitting on on my bed in front of me. We were trying on the handcuffs that we had so that we could try and control her when she shifted on the full moon that was to be on that night.

"No, that's okay." She replied, not fully convinced that the handcuffs would keep her from running wild or killing somebody.

The next thing to happen was definitely one of those 'wrong place, wrong time' situations. Like an idiot, I had left the door to my room wide open, not thinking that anyone would walk past and see that I had Malia in handcuffs on my unmade bed. Melissa stopped outside of the doorway, staring at us with terrified eyes. "I really don't wanna know." She told us exasperatedly, her eyes wide and eyebrows raised, completely weirded-out.

I looked up at her, my lips fell apart but no words escaped my mouth. Malia, however, turned to her and gave her an innocent and sweet smile, not having any idea why Melissa was acting the way she was.

"Well, there's nothing to know- Because this isn't what it looks like." The last part came to a shout as Melissa had already walked away from the situation. Malia was still clueless and oblivious as to what we were talking about.

"I don't get it." She admitted, undoing the handcuffs with her freehand and putting them back in the brown leather bag they came from.

Tonight was a full moon, one of Malia's firsts. And someone's first. That someone being Liam. The freshmen I had led to maths. The boy who Scott and Stiles put in the hospital. The afraid teenager who was unwillingly bitten by Scott McCall on the roof of the hospital. That's right, when they were at the hospital for Liam's injured ankle, there was a wendigo there. Long story short, the wendigo tried to kill Liam, took him onto the roof, shortly found by Scott, wendigo threw Liam off the roof, causing him to grab onto the edge, Scott defeated the wendigo, Scott bit Liam to keep him from falling, wendigo was killed by a man with no mouth or hair whatsoever, Liam has now been blessed by the bite. We're just waiting to see if it'll change him or if it'll kill him. Preferably the first option.

It never affected me, despite my unknown connection to the supernatural. The full moon never did anything to me. But, it did to Malia. Every full moon that occurred, we'd go to Lydia's lake house, down to the basement, and chain Malia up.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

As me and Malia pulled up to school, I was immediately ambushed by the two teenage boys I had befriended all that while back. "Bella, Bella!" Stiles shouted my name as he and Scott came to a haunt next to me, only Stiles being the one out of breath from running.

"Whats wrong?" I asked, shutting the door to the drivers seat of my truck, as I saw the needy looks worn on both of their faces. Malia had been found by Kira, instantly being pulled away by her, not having a chance to say bye. Despite the situation I still wasn't in the known of, I looked over to Malia who was currently laughing at something Kira had said as they walked off towards the high school, irresistibly staring at her as she became further away from where I stood.