Chapter 23

Brianna's POV

I sat still, thinking deep, completely out of touch with my surrounding. It took Jennie touching my hand slightly to get me to focus on her.

"Babe, what are you thinking?" She asked. She holds my gaze, encouraging me to speak.

"I haven't thought of it that much. Do you at least think it could be more than what I'm making it seem?" I asked. I know I haven't opened up to Jennie about anything that has to do with RM but I'm hoping to get at least some advice from her.

"How do you feel? Because the only time I've seen you too together was last night, you were clearly drunk. He wasn't tho. You could at least try to know how you feel by how much you're giving, how comfortable you feel talking to him." She told me, now facing me.

"Now that we are talking about it, I think I'm unconsciously gravitating towards him. Which I am very sure I don't want. Damon did me ugly, so I don't want to think about the fact that I might have even a five percent chance of being attracted to him." I spoke, honestly.

I hate admitting aloud that I'm still scared to have some sort of relationship with a guy, admitting that Damon made me just lose all my strength in giving out some love, romantically.

"Well first of, he's not Damon and don't have to talk about him. Secondly, babes, don't allow one asshole to stop you from exploring the world of love. You might get fucked a several times, infact. But you aren't gonna stop just cos one fucked up human messed with your spirit." She said, holding my hands.

"I'd just want you to take you time with RM tho, it's a different story. He might not be Damon, matter of  fact, he isn't. But it's a harsh world. Being tied with him in anyway means being in the public eye 24/7. Nothing like privacy, you'd have to fight for that." She continues speaking, she squeezed my hand.

"I don't want that. And there isn't more." I said with a final tone.

"Right!" Jennie said, excusing herself to go back to the kitchen.

What did she mean by that? I know for sure I sensed sarcasm. The buzzer went off, I didn't get to confront her about it. I went to see who it was. It was the delivery guy for the food I ordered earlier. I greeted the guy, went to get my card from my wallet, paid and took the food from him.

Ara was concentrated on the TV watching cartoons. I placed the food on the dining table and went to get plates. I did that, set the plates on the table with drinks and head to the living room to call Ara. Jennie was on the balcony speaking on the phone.

"Baby, I'll pause the TV until you finish eating." I spoke to Ara. She turned and attention to me and nodded.

She climbed off the couch and followed me to the kitchen, then sat in one of the chairs.

"What would you want to eat?" I asked her.

"Ramen, and some fried chicken please." She said, smiling at me. She's so cute.

"Okay, just that?" I asked and she nodded.
"Don't you want dumplings?" I asked and she shakes her head no.

I dished some ramen for her on a plate and then put some chicken on another for her. I asked her what drink she'd like and she said milk. I pour her some milk in a glass and she got on eating.

I went out the balcony to tell Jennie that the food is here, went back to my seat and ate my food too.
I heard my phone ping on the couch. I decided I'd get it later to see what notification it was.

Jennie came in a few minutes ago and started eating too. I was almost done and Ara got full too, I poured her some water and some more milk. I drink the water, placed the cup on the dining table and grabbed the milk to where she was watching TV.

I got up and went to play her cartoon which I paused earlier. Jennie came and sat with us. We all watched Ara's cartoon, not that we were concentrating but there wasn't much to do.

It was 8:00 pm when Jennie decided to take her leave. I and Ara saw her off to her car and went upstairs to my room.

"I want to sleep with you, Bri." She said to me expectantly.

"Okay, we'll sleep in my room together." I smiled at her.

"You wanna have a bathe in the tub?" I asked her. She jumped, totally excited.

"Let's get cleaned up and sleep then, right?" I said yes and started taking off her clothes.

I went to the bathroom and prepared a bubble bathe. I told her to see if the water was warm enough for her and she said it was. She jumped right into it, making a splash. I laughed at her and went to the bedroom to get off my clothes and wrapped a towel around me. I went in the shower, closed the door and took my towel off. I had a quick shower and got off.

Ara was still in the tub. Her hair was went now.

"Are you alright?" I asked her.

"Yes, do you want to get in? You can come." She said, she really was splashing water everywhere and having fun with it.

"Thanks love. Tell me when the water gets cold okay?" I said to her, she nodded.

I went to the bedroom, used moisturizer on my skin, tied my hair in a bun then got in some pajamas. I went back to the bathroom to check on Ara. She told me she's had enough now.

I flushed out the foam water and used her sponge to wash her body clean. After that, I helped her get wrapped up in a towel then carried her to the room.
I dried her hair, used moisturizer on her body too and got her in her PJs.

After that, she got comfortable on one side of the bed. I was unlocking my phone to check my notifications.
I have text messages from RM.

Namjoon: Are you alright, I've sent you texts and called.

Namjoon: You left me on read,??

I didn't know what to do with these messages. I left his earlier messages on read. There is no excuse. I'll call him tomorrow morning.
If I'd have to him, I might as well do it now and get it over with.