Chapter 40

I and Namjoon both have things to do or rather places to be at. I have to go study with Jennie, I'll probably stay overnight. And he, he has to go back to the dorm after not spending two consecutive nights there. I went to my closst to find something quick and comfortable to wear. I decided to wear a cropped tight T-shirt, some sweatpants, socks, and my new balance 327s.
I tied my hair in a tight bun and tried finding an outfit for school tomorrow since I might stay the night at Jennie's.

(Outfit sample)

After packing my laptop, notebooks, pens and everything I'd need, I packed my personal necessities in my overnight bag like perfume, gum, floss, my wallet, keys, hand cream, lip gloss and the likes

I then throw on my trench coat for warmth, because the last thing I want is to get sick during exam week.

Namjoon is also dressed and ready to go. He's waiting for me to be done.

"You're driving?"

"Ummm, I really don't want to. Do you think you can drive me to Jennie's? She lives like 20 minutes out." I asked him.

"I don't mind, I've got nothing to do besides go to the dorms."

"Okay, I'm ready to leave. Lemme just grab my stuff."

"How are you gonna get back with your things though?" He asked, getting off the bed and following me down the stairs.

"Jennie's gonna drive me home."

We walked out to his car and I can't wait to get in it and out of this cold. He opened the door for me, grabbing the overnight bag and my handbag to put them both at the rear seat. He went round to get in the car and starts it, turning the heater on to warm us up.

He wore his baseball cap, hoodie and glasses and then drove out of the gates. I used the remote to lock the gate and then he drove off. I pulled Jennie's location on the GPS for him.

"You're going to be quite busy these coming days with exams." He states.

"Yeah, can't wait to wrap up. It gives me anxiety."

"And then you're still gonna ace them I'm very sure."

"How are you so sure?" I chuckled, looking at the side of his face.

"I know a stupid person and you're far from it, what's your CGPA?"

"Don't be nosey, mind your business. Dang." I say and he laughs.

"Alright, cool. You still didn't deny the fact that you're smart as hell."

"Hush. What are you gonna do when you get home?" I asked him, changing the topic.

"Nothing, I've got enough sleep, I've got stress relieved, you made sure of that with the stunt you pulled this morning." I pushed my lips to the side of my mouth at that, trying not to laugh.

"I'm probably gonna just read and hang with the guys if they're up for it." He finishes.

"Well, lucky you. Right?" I said.

We talked some more throughout the drive and after a few minutes, were at Jennie's gate.

I told him it's fine to not get off the car and risk being seen.

"Good luck on your exams baby, I know you're gonna kill it."

"Thank you. You have so much faith in me." I said, laughing a bit.

"Well yeah. Gimme a kiss before you step out of this car, don't even play with me."

"Boy, you do too much. Calm down" I said, leaning in to kiss his lips.

The kiss lasted a few seconds before we break apart.

"I'm gonna miss you."

"I know you will, bye baby, I've gotta go in."

"Okay, say hi to Jennie."

"Alright, I'll text you to check if you've gotten home safe."

I pecked his lips one last time before getting off to grab my bags and running up Jennie's door. I texted her to buzz me in and she didn't instantly. I turned to see Namjoon still there waiting for me to get in before he pulls off. I waved his as I entered the apartment and he drove off.

I rode to elevator to Jennie's penthouse and the door was open to let me in.

"I missed you so much babyyyyy" she said, coming straight to tackle me in a hug.

"Girl, you saw me on Friday, behave" I said to her, giggling at her antics.

"So? I'm allowed to miss you anytime I feel like it. Don't piss me off."

"Alright then, dang, scary ass." She laughs, grabbing my bag to help me take them to her guest room.

"I would say how's the cold outside but you drove, obviously." She said.

"I didn't, Namjoon dropped me off, and it's cold, cold outside, like freezing." I answered.

"Ohhh, look at you lot going strong."

I screw my face at her, because what does she mean "going strong"? Namjoon and I have nothing established, we enjoy each other's company, we fucked once, did other things too, kissed a few times, well not a few but you know. But that's it. He is not my boyfriend to be going strong with.

"What? You're in denial still?"

"Jennie please be quiet talking nonsense. How's Ara? I missed my little princess so much." I feign sadness.

She looked at me, long and hard. Trying to figure out what I'm playing at but the thing is that, I'm very serious. I'm not playing no games and I'm not no one's girlfriend. Simple.

I'm getting laid, and I'm not going to stop, that's for sure, but that's about it. I'm not gonna to be tied to no man, especially a celebrity who spends most of his life in the air flying from one city to the other.

Did I say that to Namjoon, not really. I laid facts and he was trying to play superhero so I just let him think whatever he feels. One thing he knows is that I'm not his girlfriend. One thing I know is that I'm attracted to him and I'll fuck him any given opportunity but with no strings attached.