Part 3

Bonnie needed to get as much help on this project as possible. She knew how fragile the paradigm between the world of the living and dead was now with the destruction of the veil. There was nothing to stop supernaturals from entering in to the afterlife. However, the world she was in had a power of its own. It had the capability of implanting you into the lives of your gone loved ones as if nothing happened. It could recreate memories and create new ones. Somehow it managed to create a new life out of Bonnie and Damon’s conjoined hands.

Bonnie mixed up some herbs and oils in a boiling cauldron. She made sure to keep an eye on Sarah who kept picking up pieces of basil and rosemary trying to eat them of throw them in the pot. “How many time am I going to tell you to put that down?” she asked looking out the corner of her eye at Sarah.

The little girl put down the bay leaf she had and picked up a Cheerio as if she had done nothing wrong. “You and Damon are taking a break from each other. He’s a bad influence on you and you’re only two.”

“I know I’m old school but this I a little too medieval if you ask me,” Questyiah said as she came into the kitchen with Grams.

“I didn’t know if any of the newer spells would work so I searched forever and found a spell by Milcah that allow you to enter someone’s dreams. I think if Damon can talk to Stefan and give him some closure things could work out,” Bonnie said being hopeful.

“I hope so. There isn’t much else we can do,” Grams said.

“I still don’t understand why you guys don’t try and go to Portland and see if he’s okay if Damon is so concerned,” Questyiah said as she added more sage and a bit of hazel nut oil.

“I-I don’t want to leave Sarah and I want her to get over her cold a little more before we think of taking her anywhere,” Bonnie lied. Questyiah still didn’t know about the collapse of the other side or that she created it. She didn’t seem too concerned about Silas and the seam for Katherine and Stefan.

“We will take care of her just fine if you guys want to go. At some point she’s going to have friends and start school, and she won’t be under your pretty little thumb anymore,” Questyiah warned.

“Well, I want to enjoy it while it last,” She said as she picked up Sarah. “Isn’t that right sweetness,” she said as Sarah give her a kiss. Bonnie set Sarah down and she ran out of the kitchen.

Damon woke up on the couch to tiny hands slapping him in the face. “Great what is it now,” he asked a he opened his eyes. Sarah was on top of him and her eyes were glistening, obsidian, orbs. Under them were dark, protruding veins. She had long fangs in her mouth as she hissed at him. Damon woke with a jolt. He looked over to see Sarah holding her Sippy cup and looking at him.

“Roar,” she giggled at him.

Damon wasn’t sure of what just happened, but he was sure Sarah did. “What are you trying to tell me,” he asked as he picked her up. Sarah tried to put her hand in his mouth and roared again. “I don’t want to think about where you put those hands before you put them in my mouth, but let’s play a new game.”