Part 21

Elena watched Bonnie pace the floor as she waited for someone to comeback. She sized her competition and reflected on how to best take her down. Bonnie was living the cushy life she'd always wanted to have with Stefan. All Elena's hopes and dreams were tarnished by someone she once called sister. Now the only thing that could bring her soul rest was to destroy everything Bonnie held dear. Starting with her unwavering since of confidence. Bonnie was just as insecure as Caroline, it just took more for her true colors to show.

"Break her spirit, break her trust, break her soul." Elena repeated in her head. "Could you at least do that in the hall. The clink of your cheap heels is giving me a migraine."

Bonnie smirked and turn to Elena. "I can think of worse."

"What could be worse than being forced to stay in this godforsaken room with you?" Elena asked.

Bonnie sent a searing pain through Elena's body. It started at her head and radiated down to her toes in a matter of seconds. Elena's cries would alert Giuseppe and Lilly to what was going on, so Bonnie stopped. "That help you come up with anything."

Elena panted, she was furious. Bonnie had the upper hand, at the moment, but it wouldn't take long for things to change. Elena mustard all the strength she could to laugh in her face. "That's the best you got? You were always a disappointment as a witch. Shelia tried so hard to train you, but you're nothing but a failure."

"I'm not doing this with you Elena. There's nothing you can do, or say to get to me. You are a pebble in my shoe. As soon as I get rid of you. I'll never think of you again. But, that's the difference between me and you. You'll never stop thinking of me. Or wondering if Stefan's thinking of me when he's with you," Bonnie smiled and left the room.

"You bitch," Elena growled as she made her exit.

"She sounds happy," Caroline said as she came to the cellar with Qetsiyah.

"Thank god you are here. I thought I'd kill her," Bonnie groaned.

"Damon and Stefan will be here soon, but we have a lot to do and little time," Qetsiyah informed her. Qetsiyah gave Bonnie a copy of the transference spell. "We are going to send Elena back and close the bond between this world and the next."

"I thought Abby didn't hear back from Lucy."

"Shelia is amplifying the communication spell. She and Abby are urging Lucy to do the spell parallel to us. That will make it possible"-

"To send Elena back at the same time. She thinks she belongs here. She has no recollection of that life."

"That's not our concern Bonnie. Once she's gone we put the council at rest and live our lives."

"It's everything we deserve Bon," Caroline added.

BDBD

"So, you remember everything now?" Damon asked Stefan.

"Yes, I do," Stefan said as they walked to the boarding house.

Damon looked his brother over. "Are you still in love with Bonnie?" he said stopping Stefan in his tracks.

"Let's just focus on getting things back on track."

"I need to tell you something. I should have said a long time ago, and if I'm this me, my pride won't let me," Stefan studied his brother, he wasn't used to the sincerity in his voice. "I know you were the right choice for Bonnie. I knew that from the start of my feelings for her. And I think it every day. I'd never be able to do what you did for me. Thank you."