Part 22

Stefan was the first to enter Elena's room. She watched him slowly enter oblivious to Damon's presence at first. Elena's heart was set ablaze at the mere sight of the man she loved. She could fathom how she could love a man so deeply, yet he'd be in love with another. Elena breath in his sweet cologne and remember all the moments they shared. There was no one on this earth that could erase what those memories meant. No one.

"Here," Stefan said holding a blood bag to Elena's mouth. "Drink."

"What's the point? You're going to kill me aren't you," She said allowing the tears to come to her. She wouldn't let the other's see, but Stefan, he responded to her emotional needs. They were tethered to each other in that way.

"No one's going to harm you Elena," Damon promised.

Elena snapped her head in his direction acknowledging his presence for the first time. "Is that why I'm tied up in a cellar with your girlfriend torturing me?"

"Bonnie wouldn't attack you for no reason," Stefan defended.

"Yeah I'm such a danger," Elena said attempting to raise her hand, and wincing at the pain.

"You stabbed Caroline," Stefan reminded her. "We just want to help you?"

"Help me how?"

"You're not yourself right now. You need to go back to Portland," Damon said.

"I could say the same for you DA-mon," she said with a wink. "Seems we all could use a little space to remind ourselves of what's-what."

"You don't intimidate me sweetheart."

"Intimidate-me," Elena frowned. "We both know we're playing on the same team. If I lose everything so, do you."

"Is that so."

"Care to share with your brother what happened that night we spelt together."

"I don't care about that Elena," Stefan said. "We were over before that and there's no reason to go back there."

"Is that so Damon?"

The look on Damon's face was one of confusion he couldn't recall a lot about that night since he'd yet to regain his full memorize. A sinking eerie feeling washed over him. He knew there was something he needed to know about that night. Something to what Elena meant.

Stefan noted the change in his brother and briefly wonder if Elena was getting to him. They needed to stay united to make this work. Elena couldn't get to them. "Damon and I are over the past. Whatever wrong's we've committed against the other were childish mistakes. He's my brother and I love him."

"Hand me a Kleenex that was so touching."

"Is that how you feel Damon," Elena smirked.

"Exactly."

Stefan eyed Damon and knew something defiantly wasn't right. "What will it take for us to return things to normal."

"You will never be able to deliver that," She said losing the playful edge to her voice.

"Try us," Damon proposed.

"I want you, all of you, but that won't happen will it Stefan. Apart of you will always love her. Won't it?" She yelled.

Stefan felt a rush of guilt as his brother eyed him and waited for him to respond. Stefan loved before Bonnie and he loved after her, but nothing ever compared to the way he loved her, and he found it increasingly hard to stop. Stefan swallowed. "If I promise you that will you stop this crusade against Bonnie?"