Part 11

To say that Damon didn't deserve happiness, wasn't enough. He felt like he deserved a million lifetimes of misery. He killed, raped, maimed, lied, and stole among other questionable things. He didn't deserve the happiness he acquired with Elena, and he didn't deserve the happiness he found with Bonnie. Where ever he roamed he found a way to create misery and chaos from the purest things. Look at what he made Stefan. How he destroyed Elena. He was always good at that. Destroying things.

He couldn't let the next thing he destroyed be Bonnie or Sarah. He had to stay away. Go back and let them have the happiness they deserved. He didn't belong in the Afterlife now that he was a vampire again. He walked over to Stefan and Lexi who were clearly having a private party with Anna, Mason and a girl he's never seen before. "Uncle Damon, now the party can start," the girl said as she hugged him.

"Monique seems to be the only one that like's you. I'm sure Gail has something to do with that," Stefan said giving Damon a clue to who the girl was.

"I'm sure it's because I'm the best," Damon said giving the girl a squeeze.

"Where's Bonnie and Sarah?" Lexi asked.

"Sarah's with my mother and Bonnie is MIA at the moment," he smiled. "Stefan can I borrow you?" he asked.

"Sure," Stefan said getting up and grabbing two beers. He and Damon started walking farther in to the course towards the woods. "So you make things with Bonnie right?" he asked.

"No, and I'm not going to," Damon said as Stefan stopped walking.

Stefan looked over at his brother in utter shock. "Did you just say that?"

"Yeah I did. I'm going back," He said.

"Going back where?"

"Where we belong where I belong with Elena," he yelled making Stefan's jaw twitch.

"Are you? And how are you going to get there?" Stefan asked.

"I know a lot of dead witches. I'll figure it out," Damon yelled.

"What about Sarah? What about wanting things to work? Damon this is everything we've ever wanted."

"It's everything you've ever wanted Stefan! My life was fine. I got the girl. The perfect girl," he yelled.

"I know what this is. This is you hurting Bonnie before she hurts you right? You're all about self-preservation," Stefan laughed. "But remember Sarah needs you, and she may not admit it, but Bonnie needs you too," Stefan grabbed Damon's shoulders. "I need you."

"Come back with me."

"No. We're staying here and you're going to fix this," Stefan said.

"I can't. I can't fix me. I'm always going to be impulsive, and a jackass."

"Don't do this to her. Don't give up on her," Stefan urged him.

Damon looked at his brother knowing that he was right. However, there was a part of him that kept thinking about what Rudy said. Bonnie deserved true happiness. And he wasn't sure if he could fort the bill.

Katherine threw clothes at Bonnie and ordered her in the attached bathroom. She looked at her reflection and thought this was the perfect look to get her point across. The blue fitted sundress was appropriate for the golf course, but its leather contoured corset showed off her curvaceous body. She was sure Damon would love this and he'd come back home. She wanted him back more than anything.

At first she was angry that he'd just leave her and Sarah. Of course the more she thought on it, she realized she didn't give him much of a choice. She yelled at him for hours about how irresponsible and impulsive he was. She called him an idiot in a couple hundred different ways, and she refused to let him explain himself. He didn't give an answer she liked so she tuned him out. Bonnie knew she was being childish, and that she and Damon needed to make there circumstance work. Not just for Sarah, but for their own sanity. Bonnie couldn't fight the want in the pit of her stomach. She didn't want to. She craved Damon and she missed her high. The yelling, the fighting, the way he made her laugh was different, it was always genuine. She didn't have to fake her reactions around him. She never had to pretend. He just got her.