Part 19

Mystic Falls

Jeremy paced the hall of Tyler's place. He couldn't stay at the boarding house with the others. He didn't understand why Bonnie would want to stay in a world where she and Damon were dating and had a child. He felt cheated in a lot of ways. He and Bonnie were by all means far from starting a relationship up again, but he felt there was still a chance for them.

There were a few moments where Damon's concern for Bonnie's wellbeing seemed to reflect deeper feelings. However, Jeremy knew that was due to Bonnie's witch status and her utility to Damon. There was no way Damon had legitimate feelings for Bonnie.

Jeremy looked down at his phone. He'd been spending his summer calling Bonnie's voicemail and leaving drunken messages. It was hard to accept that Bonnie was really gone. There was always a way out for her. She was virtually invincible. He threw his phone at the wall. If Bonnie didn't want to comeback... fuck her.

Enzo helped Lucy and Liv carry their ingredients into the parlor. "Do you ladies have everything you need?" he asked as he sat the bags he was carrying by the coffee table.

"Yes, we have everything. I'm going to start by building a connection to Abby since we share a bloodline. That would build a bridge between our worlds," Lucy informed them.

"Those things work best with only direct descendants around. What am I supposed to do?" Liv asked.

"Studying the spell might work out nicely for you," Lucy smiled.

"I know the spell."

"The second stanza is?" Lucy asked.

"I don't have it memorized."

"Then you should start," Lucy informed her.

"I guess being a huge bitch runs in the family," Liv said as she walked out of the room.

Lucy smirked to herself and continued to place her stones in a small circle. She took out a lighter. "Since you insist on standing here, why don't you light these," Lucy said as she gave Lorenzo the lighter.

"You aren't going to make me cry?"

"I didn't say that, but I wouldn't say you're out of the woods just yet," she said.

Afterlife Mystic Falls March 3rd two years ago

Damon walked into his new home and noticed it was just as he left it...empty. It stung a bit that Bonnie hadn't taken him up on his offer to stay in the house while he was gone. Their communication had been getting better lately and he honestly felt like things between them were on the right track. He knew their living arrangement would change with time.

Damon loosen his tie and rummaged through the mail. There was a huge envelope addressed to Bonnie from a performing arts school. He smirked. She was getting mail there and it seemed important. That was a step. And leverage for dinner.

Damon's phone buzzed in his pocket with a call from his mother. "Hello mother," Damon greeted her.

"Did you get in yet?" she asked.

"Um yeah I just got in."

"So you'll be at Zach's birthday dinner tonight with Bonnie?"

"Mom, I think that's too much right now. I'm really busy with work and Bonnie hasn't been feeling well," he lied.

"If you don't want to come to your cousin's birthday party that's fine, you don't have to lie about it, and you most certainly don't have to bring Bonnie into your mess," she yelled and ended the call.