Part 12

Afterlife Mystic Falls October 31st 2 years ago

Bonnie hadn't seen her friends in weeks. Every year they had a huge Halloween Party at Tyler's Mansion and this year was supposed to be the biggest. Caroline, and Tyler had just arrived from New York and Matt was getting in from Pennsylvania. Caroline got accepted into the New York school of Art and Design were she was studying to be an interior decorator along with business management. Tyler was studying Law down the road from Caroline at NYU. And Matt got into Penn State on a full Scholarship playing football. It wasn't his first choice of school, but he took it when he was offered a full ride.

Bonnie missed them like crazy, she thought taking a year off with Elena would be fun. She thought they'd travel the world and bond, but the opposite happened. They never really talked and she spent most of her time with Damon oddly enough. After Stefan got back from his extended vacation Elena dropped her like a bad habit. For a while it was fine. Bonnie got to do the things she liked that Elena wasn't very fond of. She even spent a week in Miami with a dance company. Elena came down for her show and they had a great weekend together.

Bonnie pushed on and decided that she wanted to dance and that was her calling. She wanted to tour and work with artist. She even sparked up some noticed from a huge Company based in Williamsburg. She was so close to her dream, but she hadn't told anyone. Not because she didn't want to. Everyone she knew was having a rough go at things. And it just never felt like the right time. Chase and point this very moment with Damon.

"Is there a point in life where being a royal screw up is a good thing. Not like ironically like in the movies, but like will I ever mistakenly do something good?" he wondered aloud.

Damon got weirdly philosophical whenever he royally fucked up. Now it was time to pull teeth. He'd have endless dialogue with himself answering all the questions he posed to her, and not giving her much to go on. She still wasn't clear on the run down on things. All she knew was Stefan left, Elena badgered Damon about why, Stefan told Damon to lie, he did, Elena still badgered, and he fell in love with her. Somewhere that made sense to someone, but here and now Bonnie had no clue where his feelings came from, and judging by Elena's constant dancing around the subject, there was something there for her.

"Damon I have a great idea," she smiled

"To kill me and finally put me out of my misery?" he questioned with his expressive brow.

"No we're going to the Lockwood Halloween party," she said and instantly his expression soured. "It's going to be fun, cute drunk girls, the good stuff, tons of food. C'mon."

"I don't want to watch my brother make goo-goo eyes with Elena, while Caroline and dog breath make out nonstop, and Matt dances off beat with random girls. I pass," he groaned.

"You forgot me being really snarky and keeping that smirk on your face," she said grabbing his hands and pulling him to his feet. "Besides my dad is coming home soon, and he's catching on to you drink up all his whiskey."

"It's genuine Scottish whiskey he should be proud."

"But of course. Now get out of my house and get ready. I'll pick you up in two hours," she smiled.

"We should go as Salt and Pepper," he smiled.

Bonnie laughed. "We minus well be a fork and spoon."

"No not that I mean Salt 'n' Peppa'," he laughed.

"How about I be Peppa and you be MC Hammer," he laughed.

"I don't think so."

"We could be Kid and Play. You love House Party," she said with a wink knowing he wouldn't be able to resist.