"NIGHT WATCH"

- David

Coming back to the living quarters after all the hauling, it's not a lot of fun just moving around a bunch of ankle bones.

Okay, organs I get it, but why ANKLE BONES?

It's definitely for a game in particular. I have to tell the gang about what I did.

They're gonna be pretty mad I didn't get to the evening game.

When I get back, all of them have changed. All clean and DEFINITELY surprised to see me.

"Oh, hey guys."

"Where the fuck were you? We just lost Buck and Naomi!"

"Oh, shoot. Who's Naomi?"

"Just a friend of Harrison's. You'll get to know all these guys eventually. Now, what happened?!"

"I have to tell you guys, the new game involves... ankle bones."

"What?! Ankle bones?"

"It's weird, but it helps. It will help. I hope it does help..."

"Well, going to find some god damn ankle bones got you out of playing Russian Roulette."

"Oh, that's what it was."

"Jeez, all the time you're like 'Oh','Oh','Oh'..."

"I'm sorry, I'll shut up for now."

"Please do. You're on Night Watch, with Shaun. Wake us up if something's wrong. Now, let's get dinner."

"Dinner" would be hotdogs and corn on the cob. Not much, but it's honest work.

We quickly finish our food and make it to our bunk beds. The lights go out. And Shaun and I sit down by one of the beds.

"I know what the next game is." Shaun says under his breath.

"Tell me."

"I can't tell you exactly. Find someone... dumb. Really gullible. And then cheat them as much as you can. You can't risk losing anything, so don't play fair."

"What?"

"You'll most likely need a partner. So make sure to get one first thing tomorrow."

"Make friends, then break them. I don't like it..."

"Then, I don't expect to see you at lunch tomorrow."

"I'll do it, man. I will. Can we get back to Night Watch?"