"WATCH YOUR BACK"

- Conner

"Welp. I'm going now."

Shaun shrugs with his hands in his pockets.

"It's... nice meeting you. I should never have judged you at first."

"Wha?"

"I know you killed people, and I know you were cruel. But when it came down to the last game, it seemed promising what your final plan was."

"Oh..."

"I really judged you too quick, but it saved all of us, huh?"

"All three of us did it together. And all of the other contestants, but... they're cash."

"It feels bad, man. Also, where are you heading to?"

"I'm going to Brazil."

"Shaun! You realize that place is a bigger battle royale than the Adaptive Game, right?!"

Both of us burst out laughing in public.

"Oh my god... That was funny. I appreciate you looking out for me on that note."

"Yeah. I'll see you later man. Thanks for the 2.3 million."

"Thanks again, Conner."

Shaun spans his arms out for a hug and I take it with pride.

"I'm gonna miss you man."

"Likewise. I'm going now."

"I love you, brother."

He opens his mouth to say something, but he just breaks out of the hug and walks away with his luggage. He waves to me goodbye.

Where am I going? Alaska. It's cold, and definitely not a comfortable choice, but nobody will look for me there.

Starting to walk there, I suddenly get a call on my phone.

I need to get rid of this phone soon so nobody can track me.

I accept the call.

"Hello?"

"Hi. Is your refrigerator running?"

"Probably not. I'm about to go on a plane to leave the country because I haven't paid any of my bills."

"Player 690."

"Shit."

"You may be able to get on that plane, but you won't be capable of escaping us. We're always watching you."

"I'm gonna make you all pay for it."

I almost crush my phone in my hands from being furious alone. I hastily march into the plane before I can get shot in the ass or something.

Before I step onto the plane, the Front Man says one last thing;

"Not before we do. Watch your back, Conner."

THE END?