Kissable Lips

A few days had passed, and Bucky Barnes was laid awake in his bed, waiting for a very special girl to come join him.

They hadn't acknowledged one another since the incident; it was during that one night a couple days ago where Lila had came in unannounced, and just laid down next to him.

Bucky didn't question this, nor Lila didn't start to try and make conversation. All that they did was sleep together.

Plus the occasional spoon.

But nothing was ever spoke of it; for they both recognised that they needed each other to fulfill their requirements and to sew many open holes, shut.

Both Lila and Bucky didn't need to speak about it nor write about it, because deep down inside, they both knew.

So when Lila opened his door that night, poked her head in and shut it behind her again, he knew she wouldn't bring anything up.

When she climbed into his bed, folding back the duvet and submerging herself underneath, he knew she wouldn't ask questions.

When she intwined her legs with his and shuffled closer to him, he knew she would fall asleep right away.

Except, she didn't.

'Are you tired?' She whispered, still laying up close to him.

He turned around to face her. 'No.'

'Then let's talk.' She murmured, adjusting a pillow underneath her head so she was at the same level as him. He nodded in agreement.

'About what?'

She shrugged. 'Whatever we want.'

'Why do you sleep with me?' He asked her.

'Why do you think?' She questioned.

'You're scared of the dark?' He joked. He felt her hand reach up and start to fiddle with a strand of his hair.

'There is no point in using the word 'impossible' to describe something that has clearly happened. We are just both too intractable to admit it.' She spoke softly, the moon illuminating the smirk pulling at her face.

Bucky smiled. 'Do people always fall in love with things they can't have?'

'Always,' Lila said, smiling, too. 'But who said you couldn't have me?'

He looked deeply into her eyes, brushing the hair away from her face.

'If you ask me to kiss you, I will,' he spoke.

His fingers stroked the inside of her wrists, and she burst into flames.

'Kiss me,' She said.

He does.

He had kissed her, not just a brush of lips, but a kiss that scalded her tongue. The tree burst into full blooms. The garden fluttered around her. A riot of flowers shot out of the earth. She could feel the rapid beat of his heart, taste the mintiness of the toothpaste still in his mouth. She wound her hands into his hair, as she'd wanted to do since the first time she'd seen him. His hair curled around her fingers, silky and fine.

They both pulled away, breathing heavily, forgetting that they needed oxygen to breathe.

'You have awfully kissable lips, Barnes.'

Her eyes fluttered open as she was still sat straddled on top of him.

'Your kissing is good but your pick up lines? Not the greatest.'