Chapter 68

Elizabeth POV

When William came in he didn't really look at me. Hell I wouldn't even wanna look at me.

Minutes passed filled with silence. I could tell William didn't know what to say or do. So he pulled the chair out and sat down. Even then he didn't make eye contact with me.

I self didn't know what to say or do, all I knew was that one of us had to start.

Just then I saw a few tears roll down

"hey, is everything okay?, are you okay? "

I asked him. Concerned. I tried reaching for his hand, but my body still hurt a little.

He didn't say anything.

"what's wrong William?"

I asked again.

Just then he got up and walked to the window.

He stared out the window with silence. With much difficulty and confusion I sat up a little more.

Alot went through my head. Was he going to leave me? Is he ashamed of me?. I had many unanswered questions racing through my head. But I remained silent and mentally prepared myself for the worst.

You could say a lifetime passed by and still the air was filled with silence. What was going through his head?, why can't he look at me. Just when I though he was going to speak, silence filled the air again.

Getting anxious and irrated with the silence I spoke up.

"william!!!!!??????"

The tempo in my voice raised a little higher then I wanted.

"what's wrong?, talk to me, is it me?, do you......"

"don't finish that"

He finally said . Although his words were filled with much authority he finally spoke.

"when I look at you. When I look at the bruises that covers your body it reminds me of how helpless I've been these past week. Of how I couldn't find you. It reminds me of the pathetic fiance I am......"

He said. Slowly he turned from the window making eye contact now.

" everyday that passed I had to find a new lie to tell hunter. Yeah Lewis was there but how pathetic can I be for not finding you sooner, how couldn't I get you away before that fucker touched you. I could claw my eyes out for even thinking about his laying his filthy hands on you. "

He said. With his hands in his hair. Defeat and anger was prominent in his eyes.

" hey..... "

He said gently.

" no Elizabeth. We went through all that and I just sat at home waiting for some fucking sign. I lost all hope when the first week ended. I even started picturing a life without you. And I became a fucking drunk, in my thoughts I died of longings, I died in mh tears...."

He then came closer, he shakingly to my hand.

" I'm sorry Elizabeth. I'm sorry you went through all this alone. I'm sorry I didn't find you sooner and I'm sorry for being such a helpless, pathetic asshole who doest deser......... "

Just then I put my finger on his mouth.

"don't you dare say you dont deserve me, because when I was trying to get my life back on track you were there. You helped me without even really knowing it. You a few of the many people that I'm super blessed to have in my life. You and hunter both gave me meaning. You helped me find God again......"