Tears of Delusions

[A/N: Nope still having hydro vision reaction here. *weeps* Also some Demon Slayer OST for you guys for this chapter while I go stuff my face with sadness coping ice cream....The next chapter is going to be an exciting one to this I promise you. Until then let me go beat cry in a corner here cause this chapter was such a mood to write...*sniffles and weeps waterfalls*]

.............................................................

It had been a few days since Lumine, Xiao, and Paimon had arrived on Watatsumi Island. Since then many things had happened. The sky seemed to be cast in a grey gloom that day on Watatsumi Island the gentle sound of the tide picking up a little as the wind was starting to pick up a bit. It seemed the weather was promising the first rains of autumn season as three figures rushed into the shrine after just finishing a mission. "Paimon thinks that was too close."sighed the fairy in relief as the wind was picking up still.

"Speak for yourself you weren't fighting an electro lawachurl!"huffed Lumine. Those huge brutes were such a royal pain in the rear at the best of times. Getting used to being able to now sense when Xiao was close or not was taking getting use to along with this increased speed she had. While she would never match his speed she'd noticed minor things like her stamina was much better then before. Zhongli had put her through an insane lecture on adepti behavior and the courtship rite. "This boost is temporary, but hey I'll enjoy it."she thought wincing a little as she rubbed her shoulder.

"You alright? You took a direct hit when it charged you."Xiao asked in concern.

"It's not too bad Xiao just sore from hitting that monolith. But it's not on my sword arm so as long as I go ice it it should be fine in a few days."she reassured.

"Alright we can see if the priestess can see to it. At least you're starting to try and rely on me more then you used  to."he stated feeling assured at least. He had been scouting the area of the mission site when she had in a rare moment called for him. To say he had rushed to her side at her tone sounding shocked and panicked? That was an understatement. But other then the fall she had taken Lumine was unharmed. But it was their run in with Teppei today that was concerning. Their friend had suddenly looked older then he was in reality...it was not natural.

"Are you worried about Teppei?"Paimon asked.

"A little bit. He looked so haggard. I hope he's not overworking himself with his recent promotion."Lumine admitted crossing her arms in thought. It felt so odd seeing Teppei normally so lively be well, not.

"It is suspicious. Humans from what I have seen do not age that fast without reason."Xiao pointed out just as they spotted Kokomi and Gorou in the meeting room. 

"Kokomi, Gorou we're back. Huh?"Paimon piped up.

"What's wrong you look troubled."Lumine asked as they went over to their two new friends. 

"Um guys what happened? They look so serious right now."Paimon wondered.

"I'm not sure, but there is one way to find out."Xiao admitted as their two friends turned their attention to the new arrivals.

Kokomi offered her gentle and warm smile as she eagerly went over to them as Gorou waved in greeting, his tail wagging softly. However at seeing Lumine's shoulder the young priestess frowned. "Did you get injured during the mission you came back from just now?"Kokomi asked.

"She took a hit from a lawachurl."Xiao piped in making Kokomi squeak in dismay. The priestess wasted no time at all using her abilities with her hydro Vision to create healing jellyfish. No time at all Lumine's injuries were gone and not even a bruise could be seen. The rate this human could heal others was astonishing to Xiao and always impressed Lumine.