Abyssal Wolves!?

[A/N: Ok this was the chapter I meant to post before the entire mix up the first time. The rifthounds and whelps scare the crud out of me due to many factors. There are rumors we're getting a really big rifthound too for a new weekly boss. While doing the wishes for Ayaka they run into something sinister. Something from the Abyss that Lumine realizes....had been told to her about before by a certain wolf raised boy...]

..............................

A wandering warrior waiting for a loved one that had everything, including his memories of who he was when his Vision was forcefully taken...a samurai with a strong sense of duty stripped of who he was when his Vision was taken...and now a martial artist that strived for nothing more then perfection in his art gone mad. Each one grim and each one suffering a fate Lumine wished on nobody. It had left her at first astonished then came the anger and confusion then finally sorrow and sympathy. Nobody deserved to have a piece of themselves so viciously ripped away from them, leaving them broken.

Xiao had been just as if not even more astonished what befell an allogene that had their Vision taken away against their will. "Would that happen to me if mine was taken?"Xiao thought as he now found himself wondering. To his dismay he found...it was very possible as he looked at his anemo Vision fastened on his hand. The young yaksha held no memory of why or when he had received such a thing. It had just been a means to be stronger and fulfil his contract better.

"How much farther do we have to get there?"whined Paimon.

"Not long now we'll reach the shrine once we scale this mountain. Narukami Shrine is at the top."informed one of the disciples keeping the now mentally unstable aging man by her side.

"The more you complain, Paimon the longer it is going to take."rebuked Lumine.

"Paimon knows but it is so annoying..."huffed the celestial fairy.

"This path is nothing."Xiao showing a rare speck of amusement. Nimble as a cat the yaksha had already bounded up after helping those without Vision up the cliff face onto the mountain path. Lumine being able to control the elements without a vision though opted to stay behind and make sure they weren't being followed. So off to the lower part of the path she went into the lingering shadows. 

A rustle of the brush put her on high alert as soon the sound something snarling reached her ears. It sounded canine in nature; did Inazuma have wolves like Monstandt did? It was a possibility. But the growl had sounded grainy and unnatural. Howls rain on the tension in the air. "Show yourself, whatever you are."she spat bringing forth her gleaming cyan colored sword. Floating out came a sight that chilled her to the marrow of her bones just as Xiao appeared at her side.

"Lumine everyone is getting worried what...is going...on...?"Xiao froze his voice trailing off at the sight of the skeletal wolf like creatures. Eyes that glowed with a sinister energy, ruffled manes of geo gold and electro violet, long protruding fangs that could easily rip a human apart. Death left behind in their wake as life were sucked out around it just for existing. It made his instincts scream and howl as before her eyes he had already summoned his polearm and got between them and Lumine.

"What in the name of the archons are those!?"gulped Lumine.

"I do not know but their not natural. Do not wander from my side, Lumine these...things are dangerous."Xiao growled not taking his eyes off the canine monsters that were heavy with the same energy as the Abyss Herald and yes even Dainslief and her brother. The creatures growled as they circled and with a blinding fast strike something beyond their comprehension happened. The wounds these creatures gave would not stop bleeding!!

"Xiao we need to get rid of them, but how?"yelped Lumine dodging them.

"Just don't get hit! We can do this, they are nothing."hissed Xiao easily dodging one with electro energy. All it took were some nimble maneuvering and with a lightning fast plunge his spear pierced the creature's skull, making it vanish in a sinister black vortex. Lumine not long after had managed the same but not without some injuries. Quickly he hurried to her side the concern clear on his face as he wiped some blood from her eye. Thankfully with these creatures gone the bleeding had stopped on both their injuries.

"Are you alright?"Lumine nodded.

"The claw marks are shallow. What about you? That one bit you before when it first attacked."Lumine said fussing over him at the sight of his bleeding shoulder.

"I'll be fine, Lumine. Worry about yourself for once."he assured.

Lumine though wouldn't hear it as she brought out her first aid kit and quickly patched up the injury. It was not a bad injury but it would need attention once they reached the shrine. Judging by the pained hiss he offered it defiantly was hurting. Actually she spotted the warning signs she had come to know for his karma. "Those monsters were they corrupted?"she thought in dismay. Quickly as she could she grabbed Xiao by the hand and lead him behind one of the small shrines not far from the tori gates, just holding him close as his karma triggered a more mild fit. But the pain was there burning like venom in his veins as she held him protectively and lovingly as he buried his face in the crook of her neck. The pain growing stronger but just as fast Lumine's warmth chased away what threatened him. But not without the tendrils of karma leaving behind the minors burns and injuries. Desperation only made him cling to her more as she hummed that same otherworldly lullaby soothing his agony. But as the yaksha in her arms finally began to calm their thoughts wondered to what they had just encountered. For Lumine she remembered something her friend back in Monstandt had said.

Black wolves.

Had these been the exact same wolves that attacks in Monstandt!?

To Be Continued...