A Lover's Oath

[A/N: Finale. At this point it has been in fact a full year since Xiaolumi started going out. Lumine still recovering, wants to see the Lantern Rite. But due to them being so far away and still hiding until she recovers they can't go. But Xiao seems to have cooked of a scheme!? Please enjoy the song provided to pair with this chapter. I shall see you all in "Everything To Me" for Xiaolumi season 3 in 2022 for Sumeru and maybe the Chasm!! I wish you all a happy holidays and merry christmas. I'll see you all in 2022!! One more thing we were never given the name of Yanfei's parents so for story sake until revealed otherwise, I'll give them names of Luli(meaning dewy jasmine) and Liqin(meaning Beautiful harp/flute/zither).]

.................................................

Zhongli had been busy relaxing in Lumine's library study going through some paperwork he had brought with him from work. The soft cry of mountain birds as the trees outside the window were beginning to bud and unfurl with lush new leaves. However in this quiet serenity of this pocket domain he now visited often his thoughts wandered as he glanced outside. He wondered how Lumine and the young yaksha adeptus were doing in Inazuma. Was the recovery going smooth or had they hit more bumps in the road? He did not know. 

As if he thoughts had summoned him the door opened to reveal before his eyes the young yaksha in question. What startled him was seeing for himself the changes that were probably so easy to miss for many but still so noticeable. Xiao's hair normally having teal undertones to it now had a shine of vermillion undertones The diamond on his forehead once violet now a dark crimson while his eyes a shade of green that put the finest jade to shame. His hand slamming on the desk another clear change and indication of the change."So this is the final stage of a bird yaksha adpetus going through the Courtship Rite. How interesting."he thought in quiet amusement. Seemed in this state the old Alatus before his enslavement had surfaced.

"Lord Morax I want to talk with you."he swiftly stated with a determined fire in his eyes.

"Xiao I will always have time to speak with you on matters but such behavior was not required to grab my attention."Zhongli softly assured and scolded. Xiao gaining a look of embarrassment as a result but his glance was sincere and apologetic. "Now," Slowly Zhongli set his pen back into the ink well before sitting back. "What is it you want to talk about my young yaksha?"

"I wanted to talk to you about Lumine."he began growing flustered.

"Oh? About the Traveler?"Zhongli had a pretty good idea what was going through this young adeptus's mind. Influence of this sacred Courtship Rite or not it'd be pure folly not to notice. Not after everything that had transpired over the year. Was he taking a cue from Ganyu and Yanfei's parents? Extremely likely. "What is it about her you wish to discuss? I trust she is making a swift recovery?"

"Lumine is fine. But what I want to talk about is I want your blessings to let me ask her."Xiao firmly stated. There it was and to Xiao's surprise Zhongli was laughing which confused him greatly. "Why are you laughing? I'm being serious about this."

"Oh Xiao I know you are and I hold no disapproval towards it. I'm laughing because I was expecting you to eventually come seeking my blessings to do so."he smiled.

Xiao's eyes turned wide in surprise before turning to delight, "So you will approve? You'll bless it Lord Morax?"

"Of course."Zhongli stated as he looked at the calender before letting out a hum in thought. "It's been a full year has it? Lantern Rite starts soon."

"Which is why I need your help."Well that was rare, Xiao was asking for help!? It really caught the attention of the former Lord of Geo. "I am listening Xiao, what is it you need my assistance with?"he asked.