Home

[A/N: Xiaolumi bid farewell to their new friends. They arrive to find Liyue in the midst of the Moonchase Festival. Childe appears with a warning for Lumine, not as a Harbinger but as a friend, before he goes on his new mission. OH and enjoy some Chinese festival music for this chapter case Moonchase starts now!]

.................................

With autumn now holding the land in an iron grip gone were the warm winds and even longer days. Those long days now completely had given over to shorter ones with the nights growing crisp and colder by the day. Everywhere across the island nation word of the abolishment of the Vision Hunt Decree reached eager ears as they were returned to their owners. People that had been in hiding once again coming out to greet the day without fear over the span of the week. Wildlife hurried and scurried to prepare for the coming winter as the waters of the sea, rivers, and streams grew cold.

Deep in the soft glow of the forest near the Kamisato estate a lone figure lean in stature his shirt, boots, and sleeves cast carefully aside on one of the near by boulders. Slowly he waded into the water of the stream before going over near the cascading small waterfall. His wounds from a recent confrontation no more then fresh pale red scars that had long since healed completely. A pair of golden wings unfurled with a sigh as he let the water trickle down the smooth feathers. After all a thousand years was a long time not to maintain them as he should have. The cold water had a bite to it but felt so good as his wings gave a light flap and ruffle out of instinct. One wing was still healing, tender and swore from being sprained from the fight. "I need to get better at using them, I've grown rusty with them."he thought slowly opening golden tiger-like eyes.

"Xiao?"The young yaksha looked over to see Lumine wade over to him with a sad smile. She must have just returned from talking with Yae and bidding the others farewell. "I hope I wasn't disturbing you but Yae sad I could find you here."she said softly as Xiao went over to her and carefully held her bandaged wrist as her hands went to his bare chest. She could see every faint scar, each had a tale to tell of his past and what he did for Liyue in the shadows. Some scars she noticed and knew were from him protecting her and they were the more noticeable ones. 

"It's alright. Did you get everything you needed done? You're not pushing yourself with your injuries?"he hummed in concern folding his wings before they vanished in a golden light. He could see her shoulder and arm were still tightly bound and the bandages were fresh. Bandages also wrapped around her forehead but thankfully no real harm had come to her eye that had been injured. All it took was a swift heal from Kokomi's abilities and all minor injuries were gone. However the injuries on her arms, shoulder, and side would take time. Her honey amber eyes while still dull from pain now and again. 

"Yes, you don't need to worry. Thoma made sure I stopped to rest when I needed to. He gave me his charm and he gave me this for you, Xiao."Lumine assured before revealing the charm in her hand. It was nothing fancy by any means but was red and white in color and gave off a weak but soothing scent that pleased his  senses. The symbol he was not able to understand. "This symbol on it? What's it mean?"he questioned.

"Thoma said it means 'Freedom' apparently."Lumine smiled as he took it and stored it away as he got his shirt and sleeves back on. "Shall we head home?" 

"Home? To Liyue?"he echoed making Lumine smile as she nodded eagerly taking his hand.

"Xiao! Lumine!"came a familiar cry. Sure enough Paimon had caught up to them. "Paimon's said her goodbyes too. Lets go!"

"Of course Paimon, lets leave all of us together."agreed Lumine.

Then with a flash of golden white light the trio vanished, leaving the Land of Eternity behind them. Lumine not leaving this land unscathed and had stared death in the face one too many times for her liking. But she had made good friends here but...new enemies in another harbinger too. But she now knew thanks to Yae which way she should turn her sights on next: Sumeru, the land of scholars and knowledge.