Twenty-Three

"So this is really weird. Like, weird weird and we see weird all the time," Garcia says after typing away at her computer for about 30 minutes. She came in early at Hotch's request so we could have something else to present to the team.

"What did you find, Garcia?" Hotch asks, putting down the photos he was looking at.

"It's what I didn't find. The restaurant has employee records for a Clay Grant. But that's where it ends. There's no Clay Grant anywhere. The address, SSN, even the birthdate is all bogus. None of it is real. It actually makes me concerned for how they hire people at this restaurant because any software would've been able to tell this is faked."

Damnit. Our only lead doesn't exist. Spencer grabs my hand from behind my back and I can't tell if it's to calm me down or him. Or both.

"Okay so we start over. What would we do if we had a witness but no name?"

"Get a description," I say slightly softly.

"Exactly. The rest of the team will be here in an hour, Sanchez will probably be here earlier though. She always comes in 30 minutes early. Let's get a description ready before they get here. Garcia? Do you want to take the description and get a rough visual?"

"Yes sir, can we go to the cave?"

"You mean your office?" Hotch says with a raised eyebrow.

"Office, batcave, same thing," I smile at Garcia. Leave it to her to make me smile while dealing with all of this.

"Sure, I'm going to keep looking over these photos. Do you two mind if I let Sanchez in on this before the rest of the team? If she shows up early, I'd like her eyes on this."

"Of course," I say as I nod to Hotch and start to follow Garcia to her office. Spencer follows behind me as we walk down the long hallway past the entrance of the BAU.

"I know you two may not get the most support from the rest of the team for your relationship, but I am so here for it!" Garcia says as she unlocks her office.

"Thanks Garcia," I look over at Spencer and he seems very out of it, "hey, can we have a second out here?" She looks at Spencer as well.

"Of course, take your time." I smile at her as she goes into her office. I then move myself to stand in front of him. I softly reach my hand up to rest on the side of his cheek.

"You okay?" He leaves his zoned out state to look at me and lean into my touch on his cheek. He nods his head slowly. "Let's take a second and breathe, okay?" We lock eyes and take a deep breath in together. Then we slowly let it out. We repeat this a couple of times before he seems a little better.

"Thank you..."

"Of course, do you want to talk about it baby?" I feel his cheek get slightly warmer at the nickname.

"Not right now, let's just find this guy, then it'll just be us." He softly grabs my hand from his cheek. We hold each other's hands and in that moment, it feels like the world has stopped. All that's there is us. I slowly bring my lips to his and kiss him softly.

When I pull away, I look him directly in the eyes, "remember what you told me last night?" I whisper. He rests his forehead on mine after shaking it slightly. "Everything will be alright, lovely." We stand there for a couple more seconds. Taking a moment to breathe because we've been working all morning since 6AM. "You ready?" He nods his head and we make our way into Garcia's office.

"... No! You need to tell ME why you have the security system of... of... of a zoo! No! No! You know what? A zoo has a better security system than you do because at least they have protections against dangerous animals! The way I see it, you could have a lion working as a waiter and wouldn't even-- You hung up on me!! You hung up on ME! Oh you are so going to-" I clear my throat to get Garcia's attention and it works. "Sorry you had to see that! I was trying to see if the restaurant had any security cameras so we could get a better image of him and what he did after he wasn't your server anymore but APPARENTLY they don't have security cameras!!" She lets out a sigh of agitation.