Thirteen

"I don't understand this case." You said frustrated. The team decided to pack up for the night and get some rest almost an hour ago. Everyone had their separate rooms but Spence came over to yours 10 minutes ago to continue working the case. Neither of you could sleep well whenever there were missing kids involved.

"Okay, let's take a step back again and rethink the facts," He suggests and you agree. Whenever you two would get stuck on a case, the two of you would decide to take a step back and go back and forth stating the facts of the case until something new is figured out. It always worked for some reason and Hotch learned to not question it.

"Three missing girls. All with brown hair, green eyes, nine years old," you start.

"Besides appearance, they seem to have no connection between them." Spence.

"They were all taken from public parks." You.

"No witnesses saw anything." Spence.

"The parents didn't notice either." You.

"The profile points to the unsub being female." Spence.

"She probably lost a nine year old kid who looks like the victims." You.

"No bodies have been discovered so they are probably alive. She would need a big enough place to hold all of them." Spence.

"Uhhh they were taken from Armour Park, Bay View Park, and Carver Park. In that..." You got it! "In that order! She's kidnapping the kids in parks that go by alphabetical order! Which means," you walk over to look at the map, "the next park she's going to take from is Doyne Park. It's the only one that fits the profile, both psychologically and geographically! We fucking did it!"

"You fucking did it," he whispers 'fucking' and it makes it that much cuter. "Do you think Hotch is still awake?"

"Probably. It's only 11pm." You love how 11pm is early for you on a case-

"Do you want to go and tell him?"

"Eh, what's he gonna do tonight? We might as well wait until morning. Then we can tell him and Gabi together." He scrunches his nose.

"Oh you're on a first name and nickname basis with her now, okay," he mumbles under his breath while packing up.

"What was that pup?" You heard him. You just wanted him to be open and honest about his jealousy.

"N-nothing," he picks up his pace in packing up. Fumbling some of the papers and files. You take a step towards him. You reach around him to grab his tie and turn him around to face you. He lets out a small whimper and tries to avoid eye contact.

"Look at me pup." He immediately meets your eyes and turns bright red. "What did you say?" He gulps and takes a deep breath.

"Um I just said t-that you seem to have gotten um well close with Chief Sanchez. Like you c-called her a nickname." You pull him down to you by the tie.

"Awww baby, are you jealous?" You whisper in his ear.

"N-no! I- I'm not jealous, why would I b-be jealous?"

"Because if I remember correctly, it was you who suggested to Hotch she should join the BAU. But you are the one with the eidetic so please tell me if I'm wrong." He remains silent, breathing heavily. "That's what I thought, pup. Just know, no one can replace you. You're very special and important to me." You let go of him and help him clean up the papers all around your hotel room.

"Are we um," he clears his throat, "are we going to play tonight?" You smile at him. It made you feel better knowing how much he enjoyed it. You weren't manipulating him like Derek said, he was asking.