Ninteen

<Two Weeks Later>

"So Y/N?" Spence asks while curled up next to you on your couch. You both had just gotten home from a case and decided to watch a few horror movies and gorge on chinese food.

"What's up baby?"

"What did you want to do for your birthday this year? It's in three days and I feel like we haven't even gotten a chance to talk about it." You run your fingers through his hair as he talks. You hadn't really thought of it yet, if you were being honest, you never wanted to make a big deal out of it. Just another year older.

"I don't know... I really want to go out with the whole team like we've done every year, since they're the only family I care about but... I don't think that's gonna happen this year, considering both JJ thinks I'm a monster and Rossi and Emily are just indifferent about everything. I'll just hang out with you I guess," you try to hide the upsetness in your voice that you probably won't be spending your birthday with your team family. Spencer's face twists in thought, you guess coming up with a plan.

"Okay, since your birthday is on a day off this year, I have an idea." You look up at him, curious by whatever idea is fromulating in his head.

"What's your idea?"

"We'll go out, to a bar or a club, I haven't thought of specifics yet, on Friday. Then we can sleepover at one of our places, if you want to, and then I'll make you breakfast the following day and we'll go out for lunch and then we'll come back to my place so I can give you the few gifts I have in mind and-" You smile at him getting all excited and rambling about your birthday. He pauses noticing your face.

"Please continue, what's happening after the gift giving you don't have to do?"

"Well after the gift giving I 100% have to do," you jokingly roll your eyes at his correction of what you said, "I was thinking we could go to this drive in movie theatre that's showing Saw on Saturday. I was planning on going anyway but if you have any interest in going we could go together, I'll buy your ticket and everything." Wow. It took him less than two minutes to come up with a full plan for your birthday. If you were being honest, it sounds amazing, especially since he's so excited about it.

"Alright. Let's do it! Is there a specific dress code to the drive in?"

"N-no, I don't think so."

"Okay well I am gonna make myself feel hot though, it's my birthday." He blushes even harder as you both settle back in to watch the movie.

--

(Spencer's POV)

"Come onnn guys! It's her birthday! We always all go out to celebrate! I know for some reason you aren't the biggest fans of her right now but can you just put that case behind you for one night? Please?" We've been having this discussion for about 30 minutes now, everyone on the team except Y/N. I want to surprise her by having everyone at the bar I plan on having us go to. So far Gabi, Hotch, Morgan, and Garcia were on board, I just need JJ, Emily, and Rossi.

"Why would I want to?" JJ asks, "she lied to us for who knows how long, she could've come clean at any point when we've had one of these cases or on a girls night. She didn't tell any of us the truth-"

"Jennifer, why would she? This is exactly why she didn't say anything because she knew how you all would react. Since she's joined, we've had 16 cases that have related to BDSM or extreme kinks in some way and every single case you all bash it so harshly. I'm surprised none of you picked up on her discomfort with what you were saying, considering you're some of the best profilers in the world..." I sigh, really upset with everything they're saying, "You didn't hear how upset she was when she said all of you wouldn't be there to celebrate with her. Please."