Chapter 13

Jana's POV

My eyes fluttered open. I was confused at where I was, but was snapped back to reality when I heard Hunter.

"Good morning, beautiful," Hunter said, already awake. I pulled down my uncomfortable dress.

"Good morning," I whispered, kissing his lips, allowing them to linger on his face before pulling away. I propped myself up on his chest. He winced and let out a small cry.

"Oh my God, I'm so sorry!" I said, rolling off of him as fast as I could.

"It's fine. It just...really hurts," he responded, clutching his stomach.

"I'm sorry, babe," I responded, lightly touching his stomach in a way that was meant to be comforting. He winced again. "How bad it it?" I asked.

Hunter's POV

Jana positioned herself so that her knees were on either side of my legs. She reached for the top button of my shirt. She slowly, carefully unbuttoned each of the buttons on my white shirt. What was she doing?

Her warm fingers trailed down my torso as she reached the final button. These teasing movements were both confusing me and driving me crazy. Should I kiss her?

Jana opened my shirt, pulling it away from my body but leaving it on my shoulders. "Wow, baby, this is really bad," she said, lightly touching my stomach. She was just looking at where I was hurt.

I was blushing horribly. I was extremely self conscious of my body. I worked out, but my body never seemed good enough to me.

"I know," I said stupidly, not knowing what else to say. We sat in silence for several minutes.

"I should probably go home," Jana stated, her voice trailing off. "I have no clue what I'm gonna tell my parents," she added laughing.

"Me too," I responded.

"Thanks. For everything," Jana said, pulling her shoes back on her feet and reaching for her purse. She kissed my stomach and then my cheek. "Feel better."

I moved away from the door I was laying against. I opened it to let her out. I stood up with her. She shut the door and stood with her back against it. "Thank you for taking such good care of me," I said, stepping closer to her and placing my hands on the car on either side of her.

Jana pulled my face to hers and kissed my lips. "Bye Hunter," she said, walking to her car which was on the other side of the empty lot.

"Bye Jana Turner."