Chapter 16

Jana's POV

I opened my eyes. I was in a dark hospital room. There was a machine monitoring my heart and a cannula in my nose, supplying me with air. Hunter was in bed beside me. What was going on?

"Hunter? Where am I?" I whispered, trying to move my right leg. It hurt like crazy and had a large cast on it.

"OH MY GOD JANA!" Hunter screamed, hugging me and kissing me more passionately than ever before. "Oh my God," he whispered again.

"What's going on? Why am I here?" I asked him, laying my arm on his chest and looking into his eyes.

"A week ago, you were in a car accident. They found your car flipped over in a ditch and you were on the hood. You've been in a coma ever since and your right leg is broken," he explained.

"Oh my God," I whispered, my eyes growing wider. That explained everything. "Did they...think I would wake up?" I asked, gulping.

"At first, yeah...but as of two days ago...they said your chances were slim. I was scared I would lose you," Hunter said, a tear rolling down his cheek. "I love you so much."

He loved me? He actually loved me? "I love you too. So much, Hunter," I confessed. I ripped the cannula off my face and rolled over on top of him the best I could without moving my right leg too much.

I kissed Hunter's lips and cupped his cheek with my hand and placed my other on his chest. I longed to feel his stomach again, so I slipped my hand under his shirt.

Hunter pulled away from my body. "Jana, we can't do this. Not here. We need to tell a doctor you're...well, alive," he said, gently rolling me over and getting off the bed.

Hunter walked out the door and waved a doctor in. "She's awake! She's alive!" he announced, pulling a male doctor into my room.

"Oh my God, Jana! You're alive! I knew you had it in you, kid," he exclaimed. Hunter left the room and pulled my family in. My mom, dad, and four year old sister rushed in the door.

"Jana!" my parents exclaimed, hugging me and kissing all over my face.

Leah, my sister, crawled on the bed and wrapped her small arms around my neck. "Sissy!" she exclaimed.

"I love you guys so much," I said, observing my family and boyfriend, all with me. Two particular people were missing, though. "Hunter?"

"Yeah babe?" he responded.

"Where are Chris and Josie?"