Chapter 12

Yongsun

I was dumbfounded in my spot and I can barely breathe by just watching moonbyul gracefully made her way to the opposite side of the table. Throughout the time, I'm just staring at her like I'm hypnotized by her presence. How small the world is that we actually end up like this.. her-- the person I consider who torn my loyalty- being my husband's investor.

"Babe, let's sit?"

I flinched when eric's hand clutches my waist. The warmth of his hand pulled me back to the reality that I realize I was the only one standing while looking in no one particularly. Moonbyul was already seated beside Seulgi, while Eric worriedly looks at me, silently asking if there's a problem.

"O-Oh, right. Sorry.."

I immediately composed myself as I made my way to take my seat infront of the other two, clearing my throat in the process. I was so embarrassed to look up that my head remained to look down my hands under the table.

Eric is busy talking to the waiter dictating our orders which made me grab the opportunity to lift my chin and look at this certain person infront of me, just to see her doing the same. She was shamelessly gawking at me, eyes examining every corner of my face before her eyes traveled down my half-exposed cleavage since I'm wearing an off-shoulder dress. I widened my eyes at her, warning her to look away. But instead of complying, the bitch just smirked and wet her lower lip, even giving me a flirty wink after.

Her fantasy just cut off when Eric called her name and ask what they want to eat.

"No, I'm good. Besides, this meeting will not take long."

Eric's eyebrows rumpled but dismissed the waiter with only two orders. He asks for water before his attention is completely focused on the people across ours. I look back at moonbyul and thank goodness she's not looking at me anymore.

"I'm so grateful you've chosen our company for your investments, Ms.Moon." Eric started the conversation with eyes full of gratitude.

Moonbyul on the other hand was looking at him with a straight face, slightly sorry, at the same time determined. I don't know, her expression bothers me. And maybe what I feel is right, when she opens her mouth and responded.

"Well actually, I'm not investing in your business, Mr.Nam."

The look on Eric's face cannot be determined as he stares at moonbyul with mouth agape, can't believe the latter's response. Well, including me. I was confused as eric since I thought this investment is already planned, as per eric's statement earlier.

I look at moonbyul with a what-do-you-mean expression and as she noticed me looking at her, her grin widened. She doesn't even care if eric will catch her looking at me like she wants to devour me completely.

"I thought it's all settled? Your people said we satisfy your expecta-"

"Yes, that's right. You have,"

Moonbyul pause as she crossed her arms at her chest while raising her eyebrow at eric, radiating the scary boos vibes in Hollywood movies.

"However, if your secretary directly calls us back when we ask for a meeting the other day to discuss further improvements, then I might have considered investing. But we got our reply almost half an hour after, were in fact, you told us this merging is very important for you. If we're important then you should've prioritized us before anything else. What else could've gotten your secretary's attention to ignore us, Mr.Nam?" She ended with a questioning expression, making eric speechless for a second.