Chapter 42

"Who's the father of that child?"

Yongsun felt like a bucket of ice-cold water was thrown into her head. Chills run down her spine and the cold sweats she has a while ago suddenly came back. She was looking at eric with a questionable gaze, silently asking what's his point or why does he have to conclude something so ridiculous like that.

"W-What do you mean who?! Of course you are!"

Does he know I'm seeing someone other than him? Does he know it's moonbyul? If not, how can he ask who's the father of my child?

Random questions pop up inside yongsun's head and she can't seem to contain her outer surface. Her eyebrows crumpled, her eyes quivering in fear, her feet beginning to lose strength, and her hands turned numb from too much compression.

Oh how she hates confrontations like this.

"I am not the father of that child.."

Eric counters while yongsun disagrees for more, shaking her head vigorously as if she can't believe eric was denying his own son.

As far as she remembers, eric was her last, second, and no one else. Moonbyul took her many months ago and it's totally impossible if she just knew that she was pregnant after all those time that passed. This whole fiasco doesn't make any sense.

She thinks eric was just acting in denial.

The guy walkout after he said his reply-- going inside their bedroom without another word coming out from his mouth-- while yongsun followed him like a lost puppy. He silently opens a secret compartment in his drawer that yongsun never have seen before and pulls out a brown envelope.

"How could you say that you are not--"

"How could you say that I am?"

Eric didn't wait for yongsun to continue as he extended his arms towards the confused woman, holding the envelope, and gave it to yongsun. Yongsun on the other hand was so lost at the moment, that she was just eyeing the envelope for more than ten seconds, silently battling her mind if she should get it or not. Curiosity wins over her though, she's curious what's inside that thing. She doesn't have any other choice than to take it anyway.

So with trembling fingers, she accepted the envelop and took her time opening its content. Only a single piece of paper was inside, with big bold words that say Medical Records.

She read and understands every word that document has, and as she longer scanned what it means, her blood began to drain out on her body. There are lots and lots of explanations in that paper but the word that yongsun can't seem to forget is the word 'infertile'.

At that moment, she understands why eric asks something so absurd earlier.

"Y-You can't have a child?"

That's the only thing yongsun blurted out, covering her mouth in astonishment while looking at eric with such horror. The latter didn't know if he should lash out or get worried about this revelation. All he knows is it hurts and it feels like the world is playing on him.

"I was going to tell you the truth that day.. four days ago, when we were eating dinner and I asked if we should spend vacation overseas. That's not entirely the plan. That night, I should've told you about what I found out with myself. But I was scared. I was terrified about what will you feel about us.. about me, not being able to give you a child. If you would still accept me or find someone who can give you family. That's why I chose to lie for the meantime."

"But now.. you're saying you're pregnant and I'm going to be a father? Are you kidding me, yongsun?"

Yongsun read the paper for another minute without actually listening to what eric was saying. She was flabbergasted. She doesn't know if she'd be happy, be petrified, be worried, or fucking feel nothing at all. The great thing is eric figured out her secret without her having a hard time saying it. But the bad thing about right now is he's furious. Like mad.. mad.