Finale

Yongsun felt lifeless.

After Hyejin dragged her out of eric's house-- which they had a hard time doing because yongsun was stubborn enough to fix their marriage-- they went inside the car and drove back to their own house.

No one was speaking about what happened, about the cheating and pregnancy. The only noise they could hear inside the car was the engine blaring as they refused to open their mouths to say anything. Their lips were sealed the entire ride, they stared fixedly outside the city, and they waited until the car was parked in wheein's garage.

When the three of them reach the house and settle on the couch, that's when hyejin exudes a menacing aura.

"Speak." She started, dropping her exhausted body on the cushy couch with force. She feels like she needed her brain to rest after they settle this mess.

"I'm sorry.."

"I'm sorry if I avoided you. If I didn't respond to any of your calls or messages. I'm just.. scared."

"Scared of the truth?" Hyejin scolded.

Yongsun went quiet as she dropped her already lower head. She doesn't have any retort to that. She's indeed avoiding them because she knows hyejin will always point out the truth, which is always the obvious but denies acknowledging it.

"Tell me, yongsun. What has gotten into your narrow mind to choose eric? You are aware of what you feel. You know your heart belongs to byul. I just don't understand why did you stay at the person you longer have no feelings for-"

"I don't want to be alone."

Hyejin went quiet at yongsun's remarks. She was looking at the latter with furrowed eyebrows, lips slightly agape as she wait for any other explanation to come out of her mouth. Yongsun smile in return, but that didn't reach her eyes and hyejin know it was a fake one.

Yongsun sighed.

"The night after I ended what we had, I saw moonbyul inside the mall with someone. I don't know who it was---"

"For goodness sake yongsun, maybe that's just a friend!"

"I know it's just a friend. I know she's not seeing any other woman other than me. But that's not the reason why I choose eric."

A tear fell from yongsun's left eye and she hurriedly wiped it using the back of her hands. She doesn't know why she's crying in the first place. She's just want to let the burden inside out and crying is the best way she thought that could help.

Another set of tears escaped and she brushed them off again, but the more she wiped them out, the more it rolled down her cheeks. So she stayed still and let her cries break free. For all she cares.

"I've known eric for almost 7 years. I've known Moonbyul for just a few months. When I saw her that day with that girl, I think I saw the moonbyul I hadn't met before.. and maybe that's when I realized, I don't quite know her." Yongsun sniffed.

"I'm not familiar with her personality. Her qualities. How does she get mad? Her history. Her favorite color. Her attitude. Everything."

"For me, moonbyul is still a mystery."

"For instance, if I choose her.. can she handle me under pressure? Can she endure my anger when I'm giving her attitude? If I choose her over eric.. how can I be sure she'd stay with me till the end?"

"Do you guys understand what I'm trying to point? I don't want to risk my future on something so uncertain. I don't want to choose her and be alone in the end."