Chapter twintey||

heeyy besties... alright let's start, tell me your opinion!

after a couple of months.

"Happy birthday to you" the voice of Minho's mother singing through the videotape with Jisung, and Minho was there, before everything. this video brought back memorize, it filled Minho's heart with warmth and joy, sadly it can not be filled with hope, he knows his time is ticking.

Minho laid down thinking of what would he do on his birthday if he was healthy. he thought that he maybe be playing videogames in the morning because he did not sleep at all, then his lovely mom would surprise him with breakfast in the bed but then starts scolding him because he did not sleep and stayed up gaming, he imagined his voice laughing because of how funny his mom's voice would be when she's mad, after that he imagined that he would be going out with his friends is was lucky enough to make any, or maybe his partner? at the end of that day, he would go back home, to a surprise party, cake and candles are there, Hyunjin too?

"huh" Minho sighed as he opened his eyes realizing that he slept halfway through his train of thoughts. it was late at night, and he was surprised to see a cake and lighted candles at the door.

Minho stood up and walked to the door, holding the cake surprised to see nurses and doctors through his big window looking at him.

when they saw that Minho woke up, they started singing the happy birthday song.

of course, the cake was not enough, one of the nurses sled a CD under the door. like the classics "play me" was writing on it.

Minho took the CD and placed it inside his laptop and then a video popped up. it was his mom and Jisung, they were talking to Minho.

"you made it this year Minho, I am so proud of you" Minho's mother stated, as Minho listened to her sentence another train of thought came to his mind, it felt so wrong that his mom was saying that, but it is true, Minho can die any moment, he did not make it he is crawling and still trying to make it. for Minho living one more year of pain and isolation is not making it, making it would be his last day on earth, his last breath, and the last image before going into the unknown.

"And happy birthday" The video ended while Minho was overthinking, everyone in the background was clapping and cheering, meanwhile Minho was trying to figure out his feelings at the time but couldn't, is he mad? is he sad? or disappointed.

he looked back at the crowd with a smile, not forced, he was cheered because of the screams and the laughs, well that was until he realized that Hyunjin was not between them.

where is Hyunjin?