Chapter 36

Adrian P.O.V

I parked my car outside Amario Enterprises and stepped out of the car as I made my way inside the company to meet Sarah.

I even need to apologize to her for yesterday night...

I shouldn't have reacted that way when I was the one who pushed her away from me.

I can't blame her if she wants to move on in her life with someone else

I was passing down to the lobby when I noticed people giving me awful stares followed by murmurs.

Great now everyone knows!

Of course, they will, Adrian! It's all over the news

I avoided those gazes and continued walking towards the elevator.

I arrived at the CEO's floor and headed to Sarah's cabin.

I stood outside her cabin for a few minutes. Trying to prepare me for the explanation about the previous night.

Let do it

Taking a deep breath I knocked at the door and entered the room.

As soon as I entered the room my eyes fell on Sarah, typing something furiously on the laptop, while her assistant stood beside her, reading some documents for her.

She looked a bit exhausted but still managed to look beautiful.

I saw Miss Caswell's eyes fall towards my direction, she leaned forward near Sarah and whispered something to her.

Probably informing about my presence. 

I stepped closer to the desk where Sarah was sitting and cleared my throat before speaking.

"Umm Sarah, Can I talk to you for a second?" I spoke.

Even after hearing my voice Sarah didn't avert her attention from the laptop screen and continued doing her work.

She didn't even look in my direction since I arrived.

Is she angry after seeing the news?

Her ignorance was frightening me now, a bit. I know my relationship with Sarah is all messed up, because of me, and the incident with Chloe last night was making everything more complicated.

After a few minutes, Sarah lifted her eyes from the screen.

For a second her hazel eyes met mine but she instantly looked away and dismissed her assistant before telling her to check the mail which she sent to her.

I saw Miss Caswell walking out of the office before giving me a disappointed look.

Once we were left alone I immediately walked beside the chair, where Sarah was sitting.

I took a deep breath, trying to calm my nerves because I was scared about her reaction.

I don't want Sarah to think that I was f*cking her stepsister behind her back

"That news about me and Chloe is not true, there is nothing as such. I was just drunk last night when Chloe approached me. I am not..."

"You don't have to tell me all this, I already know what happened between you two" Sarah interrupted me in between.

Her eyes were staring back at me, and I couldn't understand what was she up to.

Was she taunting me regarding those false rumors about me and Chloe?

"Sarah, I know I shouldn't be the one saying this but trust me I have nothing to do with Chloe," I told her sincerely.

"I don't want your explanation, Adrian, I already know the truth before you said" She replied with an intense tone.