Chapter 38

Sarah P.O.V

 I don't know that any single word could possibly encompass all the emotions and pain I was feeling now.

Whatever I witnessed two days back was making me insane. It felt as if life was playing a cruel game with me.

I thought Alessandro was different from the others but he proved me wrong.

I was too blind and stupid to let people hurt me so easily.

Ever since I left the restaurant with Ester that afternoon, Alessandro has been calling me continuously.

Knowing I was done with him I decided to simply block his number. But then I saw a few texts where he was asking to have a decent conversation.

I didn't know what he wanted to talk about now when I saw him kissing someone else.

To avoid any interaction with Alessandro, I even instructed the office security, not to let Alessandro enter the building unless I gave any further instructions.

I even didn't go back to my house for the last two days, knowing Adrian would be there to do more damage.

I decided to stay at Ester's place until I was ready to go back to my miserable life again and face reality.

I thought I could cope up with this situation but today was the third day and my mind was still occupied thinking about Alessandro, that kiss, and his betrayal.

The more I thought about Alessandro the worse I felt, knowing how stupid I was to trust him, trust his fake promises, fake smiles. Everything started showing in my mind like a horror movie which was making me feel more worthless and pathetic.

I wish this phase is just erased from my life.

I wish I could forget him.

Forget everything and go away from New York.

I brushed those thoughts away and continued doing my work. It was 6 in the evening when I was done with all the work pending in the office.

I pulled myself up from the chair and stretched my body. I walked towards the window on the left side of the cabin and stood there gazing at the busy streets of New York City.

The street was packed with people rushing to their destination, maybe to their homes or to meet their loved ones. 

And here neither I have a place called home or family nor someone to love or be loved. 

I was busily engrossed with my thoughts when I heard a knock at the door. I was about to answer when I saw Ester peeking her head inside.

"Hey!!" Ester greeted her and closed the door behind her.

"Are you fine, Sarah?" she said while walking inside the cabin.

"Yeah, I am fine" I replied back.

She stood there for a few minutes, studying me when she finally cleared her throat.

"Well, your face says something else. So stop lying to your best friend now." She said annoyingly as she sat on the couch placed on the right side of the room.

I walked towards her and took a seat on the couch as well.

"Sarah, I know what happened back at the restaurant was something we didn't expect from Alessandro. As far as I know, how much he was fond of you. There has to be a motive and explanation behind what he did back in the restaurant." Ester continued.

"What are you trying to say, Ester? I saw him kissing someone else and I think there couldn't be any explanation for that, it is crystal clear that he was playing with my feelings." I replied obnoxiously, as I couldn't understand the reason why my best friend was defending him.