POTOber Day 28 - Look At Your Face in the Mirror

day 28 prompts: seduction/deception/the mirror 

Erik looked up from the book on his lap when he heard the door to the bedroom open and smiled as his wife stepped into the room. She seemed tired, he could tell, but having a young baby would do that to a person; in truth, he was feeling the toll that having to constantly be tending to their young son was having, but he knew that he didn't understand how much Christine had to do, all the things she had to do that he couldn't necessarily help with. Nevertheless, he thought she was the definition of beauty that night and every night, no matter if her dress was a bit wrinkled and her hair was starting to pull out of its loose braid.

"He finally went down," Christine said with a sigh, starting to unlace her dress. "I honestly was beginning to think that wouldn't happen at all."

"It always does, dearest, no matter how long it takes," Erik said. He stifled his quiet laugh at his wife's tired comment, knowing that he probably would have ended up banished to sleep on the sofa in the parlour if he'd laughed at her. Instead, he got to his feet and stepped over to her, nudging her hands aside so he could finish untying her dress. "Hopefully he'll actually sleep tonight rather than waking up once an hour."

He smiled sympathetically when his wife simply groaned quietly and ran her hands over his face. "Let's hope for the best," he added, pressing a gentle kiss to her cheek. "You look beautiful, my dear."

Christine scoffed and shook her head as she ran her fingers through her curls while she looked at her reflection in the mirror in front of them. "You and I must be looking at different people."

"I mean, if you're looking at me and saying that, then yes, you'd be right to shake your head, but I am most definitely looking at you," Erik replied as he helped her step out of her dress and started working at the laces of her corset.

"Don't start us down this path again," Christine said, laughing quietly and reaching up to cradle her husband's head as he tucked his face in the crook of her neck and kissed it gently. "And don't you try anything right now."

"Try what? I haven't the slightest idea what you mean," Erik replied, his voice muffled against her skin as he wrapped his arms around her and pulled her close.

"Erik, honestly," Christine said with a giggle, a wide smile on her face as he lifted his head to kiss her. "None of your sweet seduction is going to work tonight, I'm far too tired and not feeling in a good enough mood about myself for any of that."

Erik nodded, giving her a reassuring smile. "You never have to feel bad about yourself, my dear. You will always be absolutely beautiful to me." 

"