25 | ᴘʀᴏᴍɪsᴇ

꧁ᴇʟɪᴏ꧂

꧁ᴇʟɪᴏ꧂

I wake up and find an empty bed. 

It's 4pm, I'm not surprised.

Wow I slept for a while.

Getting out of bed, I head into the bathroom, freshening up and getting ready for the day.

Exiting my room, I find the living room back in order and completely spotless.

Omar sits at the kitchen island, a mug of steaming tea in hand, reading a book.

"Cairo left a note for you on the fridge," he tells me, not looking up from his book.

I walk over to the fridge and see a bright yellow post-it note stuck on it, neat, cursive writing sprawled against the paper.

𝒜𝓉 𝓃𝑒𝓌 𝒶𝓅𝒶𝓇𝓉𝓂𝑒𝓃𝓉
𝒸𝑜𝓂𝑒 𝓊𝓅 𝓌𝒽𝑒𝓃 𝓊 𝒸𝒶𝓃

-𝒸𝒶𝒾𝓇𝑜

I take two mugs out of the cupboard and fill them with milk.

After warming up the milk a little too much, I pour a heaped tablespoon of chocolate nesquick into the cups before stirring them.

I pick the cups up walk out of the door, shouting a goodbye to the boys.

Careful not to spill the drinks, I go into the lift and click floor 50 with my pinky finger and wait patiently as I go up.

Last night was crazy.

I wonder if she regrets anything.
I sure as hell don't.

I like her.
I like everything about her.

I like how her cheeks are always pink.
I like how passionate she is.
I like how she's always licking her lips when she's confused.
I like how she sometimes talks to herself.

A ding from the lift drags me out of my thoughts.

I like Cairo Nyx.

I walk up to her door to find it slightly ajar.

I knock to the best of my ability ,as I have two cups of hot milk in my hands, and walk into the apartment.

The chemical smell of paint attacks my nostrils.

I hear the faint rapping of 'hit 'em up' by 2pac from the master bedroom.